Sign in to follow this  
Kronor

RealAir Turbine Duke

The Turbine Duke from RealAir is an outstanding piece of Aircraft. When it goes to realism, it`s above Carenado. Carenado planes do work, but RealAir is just more authentic. 

After my first flight with the Turbine Duke, I was in Love with this Aircraft. Just outstanding. Same on the Lancair Legacy. But you know what I would really love to see folks?

A Piper Cheyenne. What about the 400ls with five blade props? That would be it I can tell you that. If RealAir would build that Aircraft for the Sim, that would be fifty times

of awesome. RealAir, I hope you see this. =)

A Piper Cheyenne. What about the 400ls with five blade props?

Without a custom engine, I don't know how good it would be.  Rob does what he can but turboprops are not very well modelled in FSX/P3D yet.  Maybe someday. 

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Hi Kronor,

I don't want to come off as being a jerk and that is not my intent, but please have a look a the date of the last post, this thread is nearly 4 years ago.

You should start your own new topic  :smile:

I don't want to come off as being a jerk and that is not my intent, but please have a look a the date of the last post, this thread is nearly 4 years ago.

You should start your own new topic :smile:

There's been a fair amount of that lately.  Honestly, maybe they should archive and lock them after X months.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."

There's been a fair amount of that lately.  Honestly, maybe they should archive and lock them after X months.

Why?

Sure, perhaps a new post would have worked, but then again, there would not have been an opportunity for relative newcomers to learn something valuable.

RealAir has a long history of excellence that didn't start a year or two ago.

One of the great advantages AVSIM bequeaths to the community is context which only comes from time and insight.

Locked after months? Gee, it takes me months to even decide on whether to buy a certain piece of software.

Little of value has started in the past months that is not part of a flow that goes back a long ways, especially with a company like RealAir.

No offence intended, but not everything worthwhile is as a scratch for the latest itch, twitch or urge.

Kind regards,

• Upvote 5

Little of value has started in the past months that is not part of a flow that goes back a long ways, especially with a company like RealAir.

No offence intended, but not everything worthwhile is as a scratch for the latest itch, twitch or urge.

No offense taken.  I pondered that idea after I wrote it and, honestly, I don't even like it myself.  Really, what's the harm in raising an old thread as long as it's on topic?  In terms of RealAir, at the moment, the Turbine Duke is one of only two GA I carried over in my 3.3 build having done a giant purge of airplanes.  Took it for a flight this morning just admiring the modelling and the way it was flying.  Still waiting for them to fill that empty twin-piston slot. 

• Upvote 2

Gregg Seipp

Unfortunately, it seems that RealAir has become more about updating their current models than creating new aircraft.

Ernest Pergrem

Split from a Necropost.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Real Air is a bit of a puzzlement.  They don't produce many aircraft, but my but their aircraft are wonderful and cutting edge.  With the Dukes v2 and the Legacy v2 they may have reached a plateau and be ready to introduce a new aircraft.

Unfortunately, it seems that RealAir has become more about updating their current models than creating new aircraft.

It is a very small team, they can only do so much work in a day and I doubt this is their full time job.

I don't quite understand why that is unfortunate. Our products last long BECAUSE they are updated. I do understand that people like new products, but over the past 20 years (and I've been doing this for at least that amount of time) many new products are a repeat of old products under a new guise. We have updated ours many times because if an aircraft is good (real world) it is still good several years later. So rather than letting products die we have constantly updated them, adding new features and innovations as we go. The only recent exception is our piston Duke which has not been updated for a while but that is because a vital team member has had illness in his close family.

• Upvote 2

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

RealAir does it right the first time, each time, with updates only to implement newly available technology, not correcting past mistakes and oversights.

The proof is in the pudding, so to speak, in the continued perfection of their Supermarine Spitfire for FSX which is now a decade long, and is still unmatched in it's simple genius. Likewise, both Dukes and the Lancair Legacy are the best GA aircraft I have ever owned out of dozens of premium contenders.

Whatever they come out with next will have been worth the wait. Besides, family matters come first and friends stand by friends during times of trouble and illness.

Kind regards,

I love the Duke and the Lancair never had a issue and I fly them allot. I just wish they tone down the window reflections in the Lancair that is about my only complaint.  Josh

CPU: Intel i9-11900K @5.2 / RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200 / GPU: 4080 16GB /

I love the Duke and the Lancair never had a issue and I fly them allot. I just wish they tone down the window reflections in the Lancair that is about my only complaint. Josh

Is that something you can change in the config?

Gregg Seipp