Sign in to follow this  
Sethos

Do we have any traffic addons in development?

Thanks, Mike, that's very kind.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Is it possible to install UT2 in P3Dv3.3.5 without using Migration Tool?

I bought it long ago, but I haven't installed it following advice by some of the gurus here.

Thanks,

Dirk.

There is a great instructional here at AVSIM that outlines what needs to be done with MyTraffic6.  About 4 easy steps, nothing complicated and you can get AI traffic appearing right after the last step.  This is probably the easiest one to get working in P3D, in my opinion.  I've dealt with the automatic installers of other AI traffic applications and one not so quick, that being WOAI.  I don't get too concerned about schedules, so there is that, but overall for functionality and quick AI traffic, MyTraffic6 works well.

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

I'm sure most people know that pretty much all the models used in UT2 are available here or on some of the other websites,infact you can now get better models than those that originally came with UT2

I don't own my traffic 6 but did buy UT2 a few years back for FSX but found that there was a high amount of "Daedaus paints "in it  So with the help of a fellow simmer he explained and taught me how to add your own paints and time tables.

The upshot is if you have UT2 installed in either fsx or p3d then your half way there. If not create your own AI all for the price of your own time.

I wont lie,it can be quite time consuming but in my set up my timetables are at worst about a year out of date which I think is still better than UT2 and most are winter 15-16 I currently have 140 airline and military timetables and most of my airports are pretty full and not a default paint in sight

The advantage of creating your own is that you can have military ai as well as cargo that I dont think UT2 does,I dont know about My Traffic.

The setup I now have is a single folder of ai aircraft that links to both fsx and p3d.

So I dont really see the need for anyone to develop a new AI addon ,as its already around and is free.

just look on the library for FAIB and TFS

Pete Little

Someone dropped a hint several months ago that there might be something in development, but no details were provided.

Given the huge demand for a decent UT2 replacement, I'd be surprised if there wasn't something in development.

Someone dropped a hint several months ago that there might be something in development, but no details were provided.

Given the huge demand for a decent UT2 replacement, I'd be surprised if there wasn't something in development.

Yeah it would be nice if there was an updated UT2 for both FSX and P3D with new, up to date schedules and updated paints for all the airlines that have had mergers in the past few years. Aside from that aspect I love UT2 and it's pretty easy to work new paints, models and schedules into, but it would be nice to have a paid update that did it all.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

It is easy to include new paints, planes and schedules in UT2, yes. BUT: it is cumbersome. I updated for example the LH flightplan last weekend and it took me more than 10 Minutes for the compilation. If I think that I should update about 100 flightplans, you can calculate the time effort yourself... AND: if something is wrong (like in my case some stupid " signs in the aircraft.cfg), finding the error is extremely boring as UT2 Powerpack does not provide a proper error solution strategy. So yes, something new would definitely be a plus, but hopefully nothing with such ugly models as in MyTraffic...

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

I agree the models in my traffic are not the best

And updating UT2 is time consuming,which is why I don't use the powerpack option

I tend to download paints that i think i will use and then when I get a new set of plans from the likes of aig and use aifp to match up models to paints it takes a lot less time.

Yes it can be time consuming but the more paints you have installed the less time it takes to update the schedules

These days I only have UT2 for some older models that are harder to get hold of

Pete Little

Is it possible to install UT2 in P3Dv3.3.5 without using Migration Tool?

If you still have FSX installed and UT2 working under FSX, it is very simple to use UT2 in P3D without the Migration Tool.  If you don't have FSX installed, then I think you must use migration tool.

If you still have FSX installed and UT2 working under FSX, it is very simple to use UT2 in P3D without the Migration Tool.  If you don't have FSX installed, then I think you must use migration tool.

How, please...

Rob Jones.

How, please...

If you have UT2 installed and working under FSX, follow the instructions below. No EMT necessary and no reinstalling UT2.  Takes about 3 minutes and UT2 will work fine with no errors. In fact, this doesn't touch your existing UT2 at all.  All it does is tell P3D to use the existing installation of UT2.

Change paths to match your own.

1. open %programdata%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\simobjects.cfg Add this line, which tells P3D where your UT aircraft are installed.

[Entry.13]
PATH=C:\FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes\
TITLE=UT Aircraft
ACTIVE=true
REQUIRED=true

2.open up the "exe.xml" located in AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\ Add the following which tells P3D to load the UT2 module.

<Launch.Addon>
    <Disabled>False</Disabled>
    <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
    <Name>UT2</Name>
    <Path>C:\FSX\Flight One Software\Ultimate Traffic 2\UT2Services.exe</Path>
    <NewConsole>True</NewConsole>
  </Launch.Addon>

3. If your AI aircraft have any common textures located in main FSX texture folder, copy them over to the P3D texture folder.

That's it.

So yes, something new would definitely be a plus, but hopefully nothing with such ugly models as in MyTraffic...

Therein lies the problem I think: the content. The effort to develop a superior new traffic addon including aircraft models and schedules is massive, and the market is so small these days. You never know if you will even sell more than a couple of hundred licenses. Don't be fooled by those "Top Sellers" lists - in some categories it is enough to sell 2 copies per week to stay on top of them.

An independent developer starting out to build such an addon would have to face

- building a new code base, if they want to be as flexible as UT2

- battling modellers for the rights to their models (you cannot model and paint all of them yourself, you would never see the end of it)

- battling airlines for using their names and company logos

- battling aircraft manufacturers for using their brands (consider GulfStream...)

- getting hold of traffic schedule data in a consistent way (just imagine how much data that is and where would you get it from)

- and numerous other issues and traps

This could easily amout to thousands of working hours. Assuming you would have to pay a standard developers rate, you are easliy looking at a total cost for specification+licensing+development+test of way over $250000. Maybe even much much more. Just imagine how many copies you have to sell to get even that - and while developing, you have to eat too.

I doubt this is even something the big names in the business would try right now for the ESP based sims. I would rather wait at least until next year, see how all those new platforms turn out. Or if they can even survive if the ESP market suddenly collapses altogether with the advent of a new sim, and they would have to develop from scratch for some new platform.

LORBY-SI

I visited the Ultimate Traffic forum recently and read that the program was once again under development. I hope it is as UT2 is IMO, the best. I am not trolling or creating rumours; nor am I being critical of its competitors.

The post came from one of the forum administrators.

Cheers

I visited the Ultimate Traffic forum recently and read that the program was once again under development. I hope it is as UT2 is IMO, the best. I am not trolling or creating rumours; nor am I being critical of its competitors.

The post came from one of the forum administrators.

Cheers

Can't find it.

Can you post the link where they said it was under development again.

Thanks

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator