Sign in to follow this  
Sethos

Do we have any traffic addons in development?

What about  Flight1's Audio Environment Extreme, it runs in P3D?

12400F - 32GB DDR4 - RTX4070 - 1440p G-Sync UltraWide - Sennheiser GSX 1000 - O11 Air Mini - 1TB NVMe + 2TB SSD - Windows 11 Pro - Prepar3D 5.4

I have given up on the abysmal payware offerings.

I just caved in and made my own custom package. It took 3 days of work, but hey, it's free and far above anything any payware developer has to offer. I made it a couple of years ago, and once done it takes seconds to install. It's all a matter of "drag and drop" it into any new installation of any version of FSX or P3D. Combine it with the FSX-P3D Traffic manager and you will have a happy experience.

I have zero need for updated schedules as the AI traffic system isn't able to handle large volumes of traffic in a relaistic manner.

Before I would want any new payware package for P3D I would like to see a complete overhaul of the AI traffic system in P3D.

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

I have given up on the abysmal payware offerings.

I just caved in and made my own custom package. It took 3 days of work, but hey, it's free and far above anything any payware developer has to offer. I made it a couple of years ago, and once done it takes seconds to install. It's all a matter of "drag and drop" it into any new installation of any version of FSX or P3D. Combine it with the FSX-P3D Traffic manager and you will have a happy experience.

I have zero need for updated schedules as the AI traffic system isn't able to handle large volumes of traffic in a relaistic manner.

Before I would want any new payware package for P3D I would like to see a complete overhaul of the AI traffic system in P3D.

What AI models are you using for your custom package?

I'm currently using MT6 but can't say I'm that impressed with the quality and look of the models.

Richard Åsberg

I've donwloaded most of the models and flightplans from UTT, WOAI and Military AI Works.

I had My Traffic for FSX way back then but never liked the quality of the models. Most of the freeware stuff is way better, and strike a nice balance between fps and looks.

I also found some neat flightplans for the default FSX aircraft (I've copied all of them from FSX to P3D) that lets you select the types of default aircraft you would like to use as AI (I have disabled all the "fake" airliners, and only use the C172, PA-28, C208 and B58 and B350 as AI).

Using AIFP I've recompiled all the flightplans to FSX/P3D format. It does it as a batch job, so it's quick and easy.

So now I have busy commercial airports, GA airports and Military Air Bases. As long as there's parking spots there's traffic.

Sounds great and although a lot of work it's a very nice feeling once you have everything set up the way you like it!

I tried some of the WOAI models in the past and even when they looked very nice I remember there was an issue where they didn't look good during night and IIRC the reason for this was that they are mostly FS9 models developed using FS9 tools.

Richard Åsberg

For anyone interested, here are some links to get you started:

Military AI: http://www.owlsnest.eu/#

Airliner AI: http://www.world-of-ai.com/index.php

Default individual aircraft type AI Traffic files: http://www.flightsim2004-fanatics.com/uploads/DefaultGA/Def_GA_DL.htm

Ships: http://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=Global+AI+Ship+Traffic+V1&CatID=root&Go=Search

Utilities: http://stuff4fs.com/open.asp?Folder=AIFP&JS=TRUE

With these sources you should have your collection 80% complete. 

Kind of related to this topic. I have MT6 which I like, but since P3D has no Cessna 172 type AI, it appears the only way to add Cessna AI  is to purchase FSX, and copy over the aircraft files for cessnas into P3D.  Is there any other source of Cessna AI aircraft that anyone knows of, besides having to buy and install FSX? 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

Sounds great and although a lot of work it's a very nice feeling once you have everything set up the way you like it!

I tried some of the WOAI models in the past and even when they looked very nice I remember there was an issue where they didn't look good during night and IIRC the reason for this was that they are mostly FS9 models developed using FS9 tools.

That is true - some are even based on FS2002 models I think. Still, I am willing to live with the negatives. It's free, and I have a much better variety than any of the payware packages offer.

Also, once you've made a collection (I never install directly into the sim - I make a dummy folder first, then copy everything over after installing) it will take you seconds to install it. No passwords, install bloatware - Just copy and paste! Whenever you upgrade or reinstall the sim - or get a new one, it will take just seconds to have it all back up and running. 

Disregard, duplicate post.  

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

Good tip having all your models in a folder you keep and can bring with you between different versions of the simulator! I do it the same way myself.

Richard Åsberg

Good tip having all your models in a folder you keep and can bring with you between different versions of the simulator! I do it the same way myself.

Yep. I just use the P3D-folder structure in a dummy folder called AI Traffic like this:

\AI Traffic\Effects

\AI Traffic\Effects\Texture

\AI Traffic\SimObjects\Airplanes

\AI Traffic\SimObjects\Rotorcraft

\AI Traffic\SimObjects\Boats

\AI Traffic\Scenery\World\Scenery

\AI Traffic\Sound

\AI Traffic\Texture

Then you can just copy and paste the content of the AI Traffic folder to FSX or P3D. 

Anyone knows if it's possible to inject real world flight info into the simulator

Info like what you have in flightradar24

ASemana

Anyone knows if it's possible to inject real world flight info into the simulator

Info like what you have in flightradar24

Posting this a second time now but it claims to do what you've asked: http://airnavsystems.com/FS/index.html

Excerpt from the website, "Every canceled flight, every delay, every extra flight will show up, live instead of records. Sounds complicated? Not at all. You just start a small program that fetches all north american flight data from AirNav Systems servers and starts a converter that creates a traffic scenery file - once this is done you start Microsoft Flight Simulator. No longer you waste your time with optimizing traffic - you are live."

I wish there was a addon which just filled all the airports with static planes or with animlation.  I really don't care of them flying in the air that just causes VAS issues.  Sadly, imho AI in P3d needs a overhaul.  Literally there really is only option which is one man job.  Projects run by one man can not scale down the road (this creates too much in one man's plate).   I wish Orbx will release something concrete in this arena or some major player (not some half baked semi-sponsored project).

WOAI really puts files everywhere in the sim directory (even though I just symlink directories and install whole WOAI in a completely different directory) but WOAI is way outdated too.

I am hoping that some team (not one person) rises to the occasion and gives us something amazing.  I see innovation is weather, textures but no AI so far in flightsim. 

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

Posting this a second time now but it claims to do what you've asked: http://airnavsystems.com/FS/index.html

That looks like a great program indeed. Not sure it works for P3D, but perhaps it does. Unfortunately, it's subscription based, which is a nogo for me. Subscription fans might embrace it, though.

I would buy an UT3 the day it would be released - given I'll live to see it.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11