Sign in to follow this  
skimmer

Traffic warning volume

Is there a way for me to decrease the volume on the audio traffic warning? I mean other than turning my speaker volume down or clicking off traffic.

Thank you

Is there a way for me to decrease the volume on the audio traffic warning? I mean other than turning my speaker volume down or clicking off traffic.

Thank you

I found out the hard way that you just can't delete the obnoxious sound files (glidescope is another one) so I got a freeware program that turns the volume down in the individual WAV, MP3, etc. The Phenom300 refuses to initialize if any sound files are missing.

I believe the program is called Audacity.

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

I found out the hard way that you just can't delete the obnoxious sound files (glidescope is another one) so I got a freeware program that turns the volume down in the individual WAV, MP3, etc. The Phenom300 refuses to initialize if any sound files are missing.

I believe the program is called Audacity.

Was wanting to reduce the volume of the wav files myself. I don't have the Phenom but the Hawker and I can't find the wav file for "TRAFFIC". I'm assuming it's the same location, where did you find the location of the wav file.

Sheldon "Bill" Williams

Was wanting to reduce the volume of the wav files myself. I don't have the Phenom but the Hawker and I can't find the wav file for "TRAFFIC". I'm assuming it's the same location, where did you find the location of the wav file.

It's either in the "SimObjects\Airplanes\Hawker\Sound" directory or "<P3D root dir>\Sound\Carenado". I don't have the Hawker, but the traffic wave for the Phenom 300 is "<P3D root dir>\Sound\Carenado\CarSoundP300\P300_Traffic.wav".

-J

Thanks for the quick reply Jay.  Those are the two places I've looked but I could not find it. Checked every file, thought there must be a secret hiding place. I know its there somewhere ...I HEAR IT!

Sheldon

Sheldon "Bill" Williams

Are you by chance using the GTN750 in the Phenom? If that's the case the volume is hard wired into the gauge and can't be changed by the user. Good news is the developer got enough people complaining about the volume and put it on his todo list for an upcoming release.

-J

I have the Hawker and yes I am using the GTN750 mod by Bert in it. Ahhhhh well that would make sense but it seems I should have a wav file somewhere. Thanks.

Sheldon "Bill" Williams