Sign in to follow this  
Richard Sennett

Anyone have UT2 in P3D that move

Ok installed fine aircraft show up but never move - anyone who has a solution for this would luv to hear it - I must be missing something - every version of P3D I have never had moving UT2 traffic - thanks 

Rich Sennett

I am not seeing an UT2 bgl in world scenery folder - why would that be ? 

Rich Sennett

It doesn't have any bgl files. Ut2services.exe (or whatever it's called) pulls flightplans and Ai traffic from a database in %appdata%\flight1 software.

Amazing.

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

I am not seeing an UT2 bgl in world scenery folder - why would that be ?

I'm not 100% sure on this but I don't think you will see a bgl for ut2 traffic. They inject their traffic rather than building/using a bgl file. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong. No idea though why they would not be moving.

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

I'm not 100% sure on this but I don't think you will see a bgl for ut2 traffic. They inject their traffic rather than building/using a bgl file. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong. No idea though why they would not be moving.

You beat me to it - UT2 does not use a bgl system so still have no idea why they dont move - is there something in UT2 gui I am suppose to do - did the timezone thing and hit apply on management area other than that no idea why they never move

Did a tutorial to install UT2 while ago but never saw anything move so I just stopped using ai all together - all the new versions of P3D didn't help either as I kept P3D lean but looks like this last version will be the one to have for a long time

Rich Sennett

You beat me to it - UT2 does not use a bgl system so still have no idea why they dont move - is there something in UT2 gui I am suppose to do - did the timezone thing and hit apply on management area other than that no idea why they never move

Did a tutorial to install UT2 while ago but never saw anything move so I just stopped using ai all together - all the new versions of P3D didn't help either as I kept P3D lean but looks like this last version will be the one to have for a long time

Can you stop and start UT traffic from the addon menu in P3D?

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

Can you stop and start UT traffic from the addon menu in P3D?

Sure can - can do all of the options there but nothing moves waited 1/2 hour - plenty of AI but no movement  :(

Rich Sennett

Sure can - can do all of the options there but nothing moves waited 1/2 hour - plenty of AI but no movement :(

Hmmm, this might be as far as I can go to help troubleshoot. Maybe the aitraffic or traffic tool or whatever it's called that comes with the sdk could show you if they ai traffic do have flight plans? And what times those flights are then for? Even though you said you did the time zone thing, maybe there's still something up there?

You've tried at all kinds of different airports I assume? Sorry, just grasping at straws now.

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

Hmmm, this might be as far as I can go to help troubleshoot. Maybe the aitraffic or traffic tool or whatever it's called that comes with the sdk could show you if they ai traffic do have flight plans? And what times those flights are then for? Even though you said you did the time zone thing, maybe there's still something up there?

You've tried at all kinds of different airports I assume? Sorry, just grasping at straws now.

Thanks Kevin still looking around - not much to find so far 

Rich Sennett

Sure can - can do all of the options there but nothing moves waited 1/2 hour - plenty of AI but no movement :(

I'm talking about the ai traffic board sample that comes with the sdk. That connects to the sim and shows you a flight info board sorta like you'd see at an airport.

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

I'm talking about the ai traffic board sample that comes with the sdk. That connects to the sim and shows you a flight info board sorta like you'd see at an airport.

Not sure how to use that 

Rich Sennett

I think Kevin is talking about traffictoolbox.dll in the SDK

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

Ok getting a little confusing - in fsx you installed it they moved - ? now they dont never had to do anything but set timezone 

Rich Sennett

Yep. That's what I'm talking about. Maybe it could give some clue to what's going on. But just grasping at straws like I said.

Ok getting a little confusing - in fsx you installed it they moved - ? now they dont never had to do anything but set timezone

Yeah, it should be that simple. But for some reason it's not in this case. So I was hoping with traffic tool maybe it could give some clue, like no flight plans or flight plans with times that are way off.

You have tried at several different airports, right? Because I could also see if you're at an airport that had a bad afcad like taxiways not connected to runways, then the ai would have no way to get from the gate to the runway.

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

Plans and timetable folders in UT2 roaming folders ahve a txt file both say this 

Flightplans will be placed here during runtime

User generated time tables will be saved to this folder.

Assuming something should be in these txt files but nothing but what I posted - weird

Cant believe nobody knows what I am doing wrong this must be common - are all others just loading UT2 and seeing moving traffic ? or doing something to induce it - FLight1 UT2 forum is useless dont want to know you if your using P3D

Thanks Kevin - my middle name by the way  

Rich Sennett