Sign in to follow this  
Kungfoogrip

Milviz F-15 and Thrustmaster Cougar MFD's

Hi,

Ok here is my plan.  I want to take a couple of the Thrustmaster Cougar MFD's and overlay a USB display with them to show the Milviz F-15 MPD/MPCD.    Dows anybody know how to change the panel.cfg so I can show the MPD/MPCD's as a gauge?

Currently this is what is in my panel.cfg file.  I hit Shift and either 1,2 or 3 and I get the following gauges

[Window Titles]
Window00=Main panel
Window01=GPS
Window02=Weapons Manager

Just looking for what i need to add to this file, or am I barking up the wrong tree?

Thanks in advance!!

Kungfoogrip

If I understand your question correctly, you want to add an additional gauge to your aircraft?

I'm not sure about the Thrustmaster Cougar, but here is how to add a new gauge window to ANY plane.

First, under [Window Titles], add a new window:

eg. Window 03 = New Gauge

Make sure the "03" are the next set of numbers after the sequence. So if Window 29 was before, you put Window 30.

Then, scroll all the way down till you find code labeled as [Window 01]... [Window 02]... You add:

[Window 03]  

size_mm=440,440
window_size=0.4
position=9
Background_color=16,16,16
VISIBLE=1
ident=MISC_POPUP_1
zorder=4

gauge00 = GaugeName!DeclaredGaugeName, 0, 0, 440, 440, 0

Ok lemme explain all that:

the first few lines from size_mm to zorder should be self explanatory. You shouldn't have to worry about that if you just want a window up and running. The important part is the "gauge00" and the code after it.

The syntax is: GaugeName ! DeclaredGaugeName

Replace GaugeName with the name of the .DLL gauge you copied + pasted into your FSX gauge folder.

Replace DeclaredGaugeName with the name of the gauge you want. So I'd assume it would be called MFD or something similar.

Again, I don't own the joystick so I'm not sure how a joystick gauge works, or if it's possible to put a joystick gauge into FSX, but that is how you install every addon aircraft gauge.

Hope that helps!

3HSAJHT.png

TFDi Design

Wow  Thank you very much for the detailed reply.  I have to admit I am a little lost on a part of it though.

Replace GaugeName with the name of the .DLL gauge you copied + pasted into your FSX gauge folder.

I didn't copy any .dll gauge.  I am trying to display the MFD in the sim as a gauge by itself by hitting Shift and a number.  Just like the 3 in the .cfg file now.   I am unsure how to do this.   Is there somewhere I can find the MFD info?   

Window01=GPS    Where is this GPS info at?    Am I making  any sense?   :)

I didn't copy any .dll gauge.  I am trying to display the MFD in the sim as a gauge by itself by hitting Shift and a number.  Just like the 3 in the .cfg file now.   I am unsure how to do this.   Is there somewhere I can find the MFD info?   

Hmm... if you check in your Gauges folder in your sim's main directory, is there any .dll or .gau file that is associated with the Thrustmaster Cougar MFD? 

If not, then I'm not sure if it's possible to add the MFD as a popup gauge within the simulator. 

(if anyone has any experience with the MFD and has gotten it into the sim, please feel free to jump in and help)

3HSAJHT.png

TFDi Design

Here is a video of what I want to do.    I just want to make sure it can be done with the Milviz F-15 before I get the hardware.

Hold on, I think I may have misunderstood your post.

You want to display the gauge info from the F-15 to the external LCDs, correct?

3HSAJHT.png

TFDi Design

The gauges involved are XML gauges not dll. You would look for references to MPD and MPCD among the list of gauges.

Jonathan "FRAG" Bleeker

Formerly known here as "Narutokun"

If I speak for my company without permission the boss will nail me down. So unless otherwise specified...Im just a regular simmer who expresses his personal opinion