Sign in to follow this  
Tim Johansen

DC6 Virtual Cabin

Hello,

Is their anyway to access the cabin of the DC6 and "walk" around similar to other aircraft?

If not, is there anything in the pipeline for this?

If not, is there anything in the pipeline for this?

We do not model the cabin as part of the virtual flight deck model. Doing so would cause quite a performance hit for something that really isn't a functional part of the experience. There may be a way to get into the cabin using other commands in the external model view, but it's a lower detail model with lower detail textures (the aim is to allow people to see inside from the outside, but without so much detail that it brings the sim to its knees).

Kyle Rodgers

Ok thanks. I note other aircraft, such as the range from FlightFactor have cabins, with limited performance hit. Would it be possible to somehow incorporate the current cabin, at a lower resolution into the virtual flight deck model?

Ok thanks. I note other aircraft, such as the range from FlightFactor have cabins, with limited performance hit. Would it be possible to somehow incorporate the current cabin, at a lower resolution into the virtual flight deck model?

We aren't them, or any other group. Without being able to toggle the cabin on and off, I find it a bit odd that someone would make a claim that it has a "limited performance hit." We haven't ever done this. I doubt we'll start now. It takes an unnecessary hit on performance - regardless of its size - to offer something that's primarily worthless. This is a flight sim - not a passenger sim.

• Upvote 1

Kyle Rodgers

Understand, I think others would agree though that an aircraft of this calibre would be great to have a modelled cabin interior.

Understand, I think others would agree though that an aircraft of this calibre would be great to have a modelled cabin interior.

Probably not, and think of the can of worms a cabin presents.  Cargo or passenger, sleeper or day only? Back on topic, this isn't a simulator for cabin attendants or passengers. I look at the other products that do this and think Hollywood. The cockpit systems and features are in general a lot less comprehensive  than a PMDG.

Dan Downs KCRP

My question to this is why do we need a cargo cabin. We are pretending to fly virtual passenger if I wanted virtual passengers I would install FSX/P3D and buy the A2A B377. I feel that a drop in frames that the cabin would provide, would do me with little comfort to know that there are 3d polygons of my fake passengers behind me. I know that they are their because when the fake passengers move to the back of the plane I feel a nose up attitude. To say that we need a 3d cabin would also be to say that we need a dynamically shift CG as our virtual passenger get up and walk about the cabin. But then when we are flying a cargo plane we would need to see the boxes behind us. Personally i would like to know if one of the boxes I am carrying has a can of worms in the cabin. I mean a sleeper would be nice but you think about the level of simulation the X-Plane users would require. I bet you they would want the sheets to get dynamically dirty and have to replace them.  And having cabin attendants, is something that A2A does in Captain of the Sim line of planes. I feel that PMDG would not to step on toes and make such a plane for x-plane. On regard to PMDG never doing the cabin in the highly regarded 737 line of planes they do provide the FSX/ P3D users with an infinity more fun and dynamic cabin by actually doodling in seats. As I said I personally think having a cabin is fun for about 10 minutes like avatar mode the new hit feature in P3D. You look around go "cool" and never touch it again.

Have a nice day,

Nick Paine

cabin_exits_900.jpg

• Like 1

Probably minimally related, but how do you turn off the cabin lights in the DC-6? I can't seem to find a switch in the cockpit or on the managers to do so, or is it not modeled? Doesn't seem like PMDG's flair.