Sign in to follow this  
Torx0148

I WAS SO HAPPY AND SURPRISED BY THIS!

SO today on IVAO i flew a nice route from EDDL to EDDM, THEN! At EDDM the weather turned out to be sh*t, and it started to rain, then this happened:

https://gyazo.com/0f5045ac994a43f83071ae1be849d22d

(dont asked why i parked the plane at the cargo area...)

I had no idea that JS41 had windshield raindrop effects, and even it doesn't look very realistic, then its still better than nothing, and this plane just went far up my list of favorit planes :D.

Yes great isnt it ? and its cheaper than the latest not in the same ball park or even close to it Carenado Turbo prop  :wink:

And not to mention real visual ice build up on the wings and windscreen

• Upvote 1

ZORAN

FSX/P3D could learn a thing or two about rain from Train Simulator. :Tounge:

• Upvote 1

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

It's very cool but sadly has a large performance impact, which is why it was dropped from subsequent products like the NGX.

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

It's very cool but sadly has a large performance impact, which is why it was dropped from subsequent products like the NGX.

The rain too?  I remember the ice was causing people problems.  Seriously, though, there's rain and ice out there...seems a problem that needs to be tackled.  :)  

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

I had no performance drop at all. As i said it doesnt look realistic, but better than nothing, i know, from other addons, that a good looking rain effect would take alot of FPS. But i am not sure this did for me, (at least not enough for me to look at the fps counter, aka i didnt realize it at all, seriously). They should add it as an effect you can take on and off in the configurator

If only my beloved bird could fly in the rain in P3DV3. :sad:   Before I migrated to P3D, the performance impact rain had on the J41 in FSX was not noticeable at all. Like Tor stated, not realistic but at least it was there.

The RealAir Duke has a very good rain effect. Wish MS put it in fsx like in fs9

AFAIK the performance drop is all the time, not just when it's raining (notice how NGX framerates are similar to J41 despite the NGX being a lot bigger and more complicated). And from what I recall reading, at least one of the techniques to achieve animated rain uses a legacy feature that uses up a lot of the limited animations. Not sure if that's how PMDG did it though.

The icing effects are whole other thing, I don't remember it being said they impacted framerates but some people's systems just plain didn't like them and threw up weird graphic artefacts, wherever there was icing present or not. Sadly I fall in to that camp so I can only see icing in external views.

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg