Sign in to follow this  
martinlest2

Airbus nose wheel problem

I couldn't find any reference to this, but I wonder if anyone else has a problem with the Project Airbus nose wheel. (To be honest I am not 100% sure at the time of posting this whether it's restricted to just the PA Airbus, but I have been flying Boeings for some days and had no issue. Now I come back to fly a (PA) Airbus, I am getting problems again).

The Airbus nose wheel has a tendency to flip round to 90 degrees when turning/taxiing, which looks odd, but that's the least of the worries: it may possibly be causing the problems I've been having, I am starting to think, with my X52 joystick. I have always thought the fault was with the X52 itself, where the Z Rotation axis which controls the steering (twisting the X52 joystick) suddenly becomes very off-centred, causing aircraft to pull strongly to one side when taxiing. (The rudder axis, X Rotation, can also do the same thing). But I have had no problems flying (or taxiing) the Boeings the past several days and I wonder if the nose wheel flipping sideways in the PA Airbuses is what causes the X52 axes to go awry, rather than the problem being initiated by the X52 itself. It's starting to look that way (but I wouldn't put money on it at this stage)...

Is the nose wheel turning fully sideways (and sticking there when stationary) a 'known issue'? Is there any fix out there for it? Changing values for wheel rotation in the contacts section of the aircraft.cfg makes no difference at all.

Nose_1.jpg

Thanks for any help.

I had a similar problem (not able to use yoke for steering) on the CS 130.

I shut down FSX and restarted and the problem went away.

Sorry, I do not fly tube liners................ :smile:

Bob "roadwarrior" Werab

Config: ASUS Prime Motherboard, RYZEN 5, 32 GB Ram, Radeon RX5700 XT, 2 TB SSD

I think this is a FS problem of some description. A reboot of FS may work for you as it has others. Seen this happen myself, not for a long time and corrected it so easily and quickly I can't even remember what the solution for me was, quite possibly just a FS reboot. It 'may' possibly be related to a specific aircraft/FDE not agreeing with FS. I doubt the X-52 would cause this as you would find the same controller problem in other situations.

Mark Daniels

I had a similar problem (not able to use yoke for steering) on the CS 130.

I shut down FSX and restarted and the problem went away.

Sorry, I do not fly tube liners................ :smile:

Well, first, I don't know what to say ..... using FSX .... flying the CS130 .... oh my!

a36ff62aae4dd3b3f317ecef0908e4b206df3dd3

Second .... about the nose wheel problem.  I've never experienced this while in the  cockpit .... AND .... Ground Control  has never indicated it was a problem while taxiing.  Moral of the story here ...... Flight Simulator .... NOT Sight Simulator

.... and I thank you for your support!

• Upvote 1

Well, first, I don't know what to say ..... using FSX .... flying the CS130 .... oh my!

OK OK, thanks for that beautiful CS 130, not the same model as the CS C-130, but pretty just the same.... :wink:

Bob "roadwarrior" Werab

Config: ASUS Prime Motherboard, RYZEN 5, 32 GB Ram, Radeon RX5700 XT, 2 TB SSD

Hi. To be honest, having set up so many peripheral programmes, flight instruments (INS or CDU), and gone through checklists and so on, it's a good while before I am ready to push back and taxi. If I had to dirtch all that, reboot the PC and start again in order to get the nose wheel straight, well, I'd just find another hobby I think.

In any case, the nose wheel does come straight again when I start to taxi (but, conversely, the PA (and some others) nosewheel always shows this behaviour, every time I boot the PC, so rebooting wouldn't help) - in itself it's not a huge problem: I was just wondering whether it's this behaviour that could 'throw' my X52 and set the rotations and axes off centre. Maybe not, but I am looking at all options to try to get to the root of that latter annoyance (to say the least - I am SO fed up of having to unplug the X52 and plug it back in again to reset things and get a/c to taxi in a straight line again)!

Thanks.

Just for info the a320 nose wheel will turn to almost that angle

Pete Little

I was just wondering whether it's this behaviour that could 'throw' my X52 and set the rotations and axes off centre

I think you can make a simple test

You can assign the rudder action to another axis or command of the  joystick (easy with the X52 pro or not pro)

Or

You can pratically disable the rudder joystick command by setting (in the X52 game controller panel) the neutral zone full .. and check what happen with the PA aircraft

Hi,

I experience a problem with rudder suddenly turning to left very rarely (and mostly when taxiing after landing). I use old CH Pro pedals with game port plug via an USB adaptor and meant that this combination was the cause. In my case, I have to shut down FS9 and to restart my Computer, then the problem is gone.

What happens if you go into slew mode? Does the plane spin around in this state? This would happen when the problem described above occures to my sim.

Harald Geyer
   Gründer der Messerschmitt Freunde Dresden v. V.

lYI9iQV.jpg

Hi Martin

Maybe your model is just "simulating" a real life occurrence of Airbus's nose gear issues?

a320_emergency_01.jpg

vueling_a320_ec-grh_sevilla_110420_1.jpg

038.jpg

20120926102805.jpg?itok=Tr5o_CEh

Maybe your model is just "simulating" a real life occurrence of Airbus's nose gear issues?

:smile:  Wow, yes, maybe so!! Nice pics.

disable the rudder joystick command by setting (in the X52 game controller panel) the neutral zone full

As I don't use pedals, that would make it hard to taxi the aircraft, but I'll try it and see anyhow, as an experiment. Problem is, the nose wheel issue doesn't happen every time by any means, and like was said above, usually only after landing (occasionally when taxiing for take off as well), so it requires a lot of time, and patience, to troubleshoot.