Hello everyone!

After testing FS9 Evo extensively for the past week I thought it's time for a mini review. First of all, I'd like to thank Sascha for being extremely helpful and for offering his excellent work as a donationware. Before Evo I had been using GEPro, a very good product when it first came out eight years ago. For the past year I had been searching for a replacement for it as I thought it had started showing its age. Here comes FS9 Evo. At first I was sceptical (and, to be honest, a tad disappointed with the thought that there's not much potential left in the FS9 engine), many have promised the "ultimate FS addon" over the years only to disappoint us simmers. Me being me, however, always hopeful I thought I'd try it out, I always keep a backup of my FS installation anyway. Let's see how that turned out... :wink:

RVG4Rcd.png

Departing LGBL, direction North in my trusty Skylane RG!

xLkPjE0.jpg

BCcJrtn.jpg

Over the city of Volos

GcA9Te8.png

S0v7JC7.jpg

Turning towards Larisa

7ho4AKv.jpg

1OtgKCe.png

Let's follow the highway to Katerini

lGTxNc6.jpg

Beautiful fields!

KXP6L7y.png

9gvJKn6.png

KpCZrmQ.jpg

Some sightseeing over the city of Katerini before we head North to tackle the busy TMA of Makedonia Airport in Thessaloniki (LGTS)

NZsWhmg.png

Phew! The adrenaline kicked in but we got in and out of the TMA of LGTS without issues! The island of Thasos is in the background.

mOQ9WPt.png

We've left the town of Komotini behind us, let's do some sightseeing over river Evros before we land at Alexandroupoli (LGAL).

DpyMQKi.png

EZW2r92.jpg

xiUj0IV.png

It seems the sightseeing will have to wait for another time as we are flying VFR! At least we are very close to the airport, let's join the circuit!

In conclusion, thank you Sascha for bringing this whole new world to FS2004! VFR flying is now much more realistic and flying jets you can finally recognize the places you are flying over! If you are still thinking whether FS9 Evo's worth it or not let me tell you this; no matter what you donate it's worth ten times more!

Other add-ons used for the screenshots in this review:

HSP Base scenery + HSP Mesh

REX2004 for the sky, the sun, most water textures and the clouds

Carenado Cessna C182RG II

HSP LGAL

ActiveSky 6.5

and of course the IVAO network

Cheers,

Achilleas

• Upvote 2

Hi Achilleas,

thank you! I'm glad that EVO is working for you! From your screenshots I believe you don't have UT Europe? IMO it's a must-have for anyone flying in Europe! It really improves roads, coasts and railroads.

Cheers,

Sascha

Hi Sascha!

I do actually but unfortunately in UT for FS9 Greece was not covered, unlike UTX Europe. I do, however, use a freeware base scenery that corrects most coastlines which is pretty much essential for VFR flying.

Cheers,

Achilleas

I do actually but unfortunately in UT for FS9 Greece was not covered, unlike UTX Europe.

Ah, I didn't know that! I think I must be using HSP scenery then, myself.

That's the one, HSP was an excellent team and great guys, it's a pity they closed up shop after FSX became the de-facto simming platform.