Sign in to follow this  
HiFlyer

Anton Yelchin dead: Young Star Trek actor is killed by own car

Very much a tragedy: condolences to family and friends for their loss.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-36572649

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

I read this on a blog last night. What a horrible way to die, and what a senseless, easily preventable accident.

• Upvote 1

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I read this on a blog last night. What a horrible way to die, and what a senseless, easily preventable accident.

Yes......  :sad:

A reminder of how fragile we can be, and that nothing is promised.

• Upvote 1

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

A sobering thought to those of us who drive automatics (I have in the past). I reckon most of us are guilty (I am!) of just using Park, assuming it is failsafe and not the handbrake too (parking or e-brake in US).

Last year a neighbour of mine was seriously injured when his car rolled back down his driveway and ran him over. He was behind it getting his shopping out of the boot (trunk). He was more fortunate than young Mr. Yelchin.

Condolences to Anton's family.

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

A sobering thought to those of us who drive automatics (I have in the past). I reckon most of us are guilty (I am!) of just using Park, assuming it is failsafe and not the handbrake too (parking or e-brake in US).

Not so much all automatics. His was a 2015 Jeep Cherokee which has been under fire for the past year due to people not being aware how to properly operate and has been subject to recalls.

Very much a tragedy: condolences to family and friends for their loss.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-36572649

When this broke the other day you were he first person I though of.

Actually your the first person I think of when the subject of StarTrek, StarWars, scifi, cartoons, space travel, time travel, sims in general, Hello Kitty, unicorns, fantasy and comic cons comes up.

Actually your the first person I think of when the subject of StarTrek, StarWars, scifi, cartoons, space travel, time travel, sims in general, Hello Kitty, unicorns, fantasy and comic cons comes up.

Once a trekker always a trekker! Which is why this struck a little closer to home for me. (not to mention the senselessness of the death)

For us trekkers, when you step into these roles and are accepted, you become a member of a sort of worldwide community of shared interests; the death felt just as strongly as when someone here leaves us, the community reacting (even those who didn't know the person well) with dismay.

Devons rig

Such a shocking loss; condolences and best wishes to his Family & Friends.

Devon's spot on... the Denver Comic Con just ended this past Weekend, and there were almost 100K in Attendance!

"... A Starfleet Officer; that's what I am, and that's what I'll always be." -- Benjamin Sisko

Alan  :sad:

COSIMbanner_AVSIM3.jpg

Sad to hear this from a young and upcoming actor. I enjoy the new Trek reboot as well

Like will any accident this is under investigation as this car had been recalled for rolling away, seems extremely unfortunate

Matthew Kane

As I watched Good Morning America this morning, they ran a segment on the shifter on the newer Jeep Cherokees. What a monumentally STUPID form of shifter!

Three positions, with spring loaded center return, so there's no physical indication of what mode the vehicle is in!

• Upvote 1

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

As I watched Good Morning America this morning, they ran a segment on the shifter on the newer Jeep Cherokees. What a monumentally STUPID form of shifter!

Three positions, with spring loaded center return, so there's no physical indication of what mode the vehicle is in!

I saw similar segments. Somebody is gonna get smacked for coming up with that one.

Devons rig

Not a fan of Star Trek and I never heard of the guy, but RIP to him and condolences to his family.

Best regards,

Neal McCullough