Sign in to follow this  
sidler

Prepar 3D v3.3.5 traffic

I wish I could help more.  I had traffic at EDDF, Copenhagen, Tampa and a few planes up at altitude.  At least it says that AI works in 3.3.5...but why it isn't for some folks, I don't know.

Thanks Gregg - maybe it will sort itself out - thinking might be a setting in P3D or something - cant crank it up to 100 % - using 35% may be the reason - but most are only using around 35% from what I've seen shouldnt have to crank it up to get them to move - I have movement with freeware ai but only one or two

Rich Sennett

Haben WOAI installiert ist, das ist, was ich sehe.2016-6-21_6-58-36-1411nyjf.jpg

i7-10700k 5,1 GHz - 18 GB RAM - ASUS 1080Ti  - Dell G-Sync Monitor

Hi holliwutt

Yes, I totally agreed :smile:

I uninstalled v3.3.5 and made sure everything was cleaned out.  I installed v3.2 and I have the same problem!

Dick

You have no AI addon installed , only the default AI ?

Kalle

i7-10700k 5,1 GHz - 18 GB RAM - ASUS 1080Ti  - Dell G-Sync Monitor

Hi holliwutt

Yes, I totally agreed :smile:

I uninstalled v3.3.5 and made sure everything was cleaned out.  I installed v3.2 and I have the same problem!

Dick

I had some real issues with 3.3, not with Traffic but with things like my VA's Acars freezing when trying to start a flight , giving me errors, erratic operation of 737 NGX, problems with FS 2 Crew skipping steps, slow shutdown of P3D including a black screen when shutting down which I have never had,  etc. Most of the problems were intermittent, but the Acars problem was each time. Since the only thing I had changed was the 3.3 Client, I first  reinstalled 3.3, thinking that something had gone wrong with the 3.3  install. No improvement, so then  I uninstalled 3.3 after rebooting PC, and installed 3.2. The Acars problem was still there, and this was the easiest thing to troubleshoot, because the problem was consistent. Then I looked on the forum on my VA for Acars, and found someone else with the same Acars issue after changing to 3.3, so now it pointed to a definite 3.3 problem. Now I am facing a complete reinstall of P3D, which frankly is the last thing I want to do.  I decided to uninstall the client again, as I had just done, and again repeated the rebooting sequence as before, between each step, and this time when I reinstalled 3.2, all my problems with P3D instantly disappeared. ACars issues, NGX issues, FS 2 Crew issues, and even the very slow shutdown which had also developed with 3.3, was gone. Everything was back to normal. 

The point of my post, is that you may have to uninstall and reinstall 3.2 more than once to fix any 3.3 issue that has developed. Something maybe be screwy in the uninstall or install procedure, I am not sure since I am not a computer programmer, but this solved my problem. I am certain of one thing, no more P3D upgrades for me. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

I have also latest My Traffic Professional6a with latest P3Dv3.

With the suggestion from poppet with slider at 10% i can hardly observe AI planes and moving traffic, this cannot be the reason why i bought MT6a, it's almost not visible !

I am at JFK and put the slider to 80%, is that OK ?  i can observe parked traffic, but still not much movement in the air.

At communicator the sign is green, i would select 2015 shedule, 3 CMD screens popup, after this; no changes, no traffic in the air.

Then i tried interactive traffic, but at this screen popping up, i can only observe a connection with FSX, no change for P3D possible here ?

I have installed this (6.0a) and have nothing. I believe i have followed directions accurately. My Communicator always shows Offline. I have researched various forums. I am using P3dV335with Windows 10. Many thanks. Dave

Just to add to my above Linked post about Installing MyTraffic 6 Manually 

The Default Install folder Location for MyTraffic is  C\MyTraffic Professional,  The Installer will Automatically Create this folder and Install there.  

If you have installed to the Default location your Path= in simobjects.cfg will be this  Path=C:\MyTraffic Professional\MyTraffic\Aircraft

It will look like this in your Simobjects.cfg.  Location Local Disk (C:) ► ProgramData ► Lockheed Martin ► Prepar3D v3

[Entry.10] 
Title=MyTraffic Vehicles 
Path=C:\MyTraffic Professional\MyTraffic\Aircraft
Required=True
Active=True

Important Question:

If you Installed MyTraffic 6 somewhere else as apposed to the Default location, did you Create a folder to Install MyTraffic 6 to?   What did you name this folder ?

This is important because it will change the folder path in your Entry in simobjects.cfg ! 

For Example:  I am now Installing MyTraffic 6 and have decided to Install to my G Drive,  I will Create a folder called MyTraffic6 and point the Installer to it.  

Please Note:   Notice how i left No spaces when i named this folder!!   You need to spell the name of the folder you created exactly the same including the spaces in your simobjects.cfg,  If you are even one digit it will not work  

This will now change the folder path,  So my path= in simobjects is now  Path=G:\MyTraffic6\MyTraffic\Aircraft 

It will look like this 

[Entry.10]
Title=MyTraffic Vehicles
Path=G:\MyTraffic6\MyTraffic\Aircraft
Required=True
Active=True

Please Note  If you point the Installer to a different location as apposed to Default and Do Not Create a Folder your Simobjects will look like this 

[Entry.10] 
Title=MyTraffic Vehicles 
Path=G:\MyTraffic\Aircraft 
Required=True
Active=True

When you have finished..........

Insure you number the [Entry's] correctly going down 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10 and so on

Also you add the My Traffic folder to your Scenery library as shown in the Link i provided 

As i reported somewhere else; traffic is now finally working, after reviewing all the above, but what a poor result: at JFK 90% of planes are AtlasAir, on radar i can only observe 2 planes Fedex and one  DHL, slider is from 10% to 50%; only more Atlas air !

I switched to LFMN:  no traffic at all there, back to JFK and waited 3 hrs:  still same result.

In normal menu (not communicator) you can select aircraft files at random bases, OK, system informs it could take 5 minutes to build database, after 10 minutes: a list still with 0 - 0 - 0 - 0 etc...

Not satisfied, lost hours  -  considering asking refund and switch to WOAI

Dont want lots of airborne traffic, nice traffic at airports is enough for me...

AtlasAir is not a MyTraffic airline - it is in the P3D default AI.  You need to disable the default AI traffic in: P3D/Scenery/World/scenery/trafficAircraft.bgl

Add a .off or .passive to the end of the trafficAircraft.bgl and it will shut down the default AI traffic. (trafficAircraft.bgl.off ) Now you should only see the aircraft from My Traffic6.

Lyn

You need to disable the default AI traffic in: P3D/Scenery/World/scenery/trafficAircraft.bgl

Very good Lyn,  I hope you don't mind me throwing in a picture with your comment,  I love pictures  :smile: 

Turning Off your AI traffic  (Default Traffic)

We wont be needing AI Traffic any more,  so we can turn this off by going to your Prepar3D V3 Install location  

Follow the path of  ►  Your Install Location  ►  Prepar3D v3  ► Scenery  ► World  ►  scenery 

Follow the steps.  1 Right Click on trafficAircraft.bgl,  Click Rename.   2 Just add off to the end, make sure you don't delete the Full Spot.   3 What it should look like.

23567917114_8fa51bcbfb_o.png

Excellent, Elaine!   Your addition makes it very clear what steps to take. Love your tutorials! :smile:

Lyn

• Upvote 1

Girls seems to beat the guys here , super !

As irl: the female captains at airlines are an expanding group !

I give it one more try before deleting MT Pro

THX !

girls (or guys),

This is how the file looks like at my world/ scenery folder:                  TrafficAircraft.off

But, believe it or not, still lots of Atlasair at JFK, so,  it must come from MT Prof, because file  in world/scenery is in "off" state...