Sign in to follow this  
Budbud

Balked landing

Hello Bryan,

I have just noticed that the sequence gets blocked on rollout after having answered "landing" to the Minimum challenge.

Therefore, in case of balked landing go around, there is no way to switch manually to any other step and the FO won't react to the Go around flaps 15" command either.

Is there a way to change the logic so that the FO keeps responding to a go around command even after the landing/continue answer?

In case of low level windshear or anything else below the minimum, the FO cannot be used for a go around which is a pity as a balked landing is one of the most demanding manoeuvre.

My fsx is configured exclusively with fs2crew and I have to handle the gear and flaps with the mouse as I have not assigned any button or axis to them, fs2crew making assignements useless.

Thanks.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

Thanks Bryan!

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Ok, I have just check something regarding the switch to rollout.
On the last flight, when reaching minimums, I spoke "Continue", instead of "Landing", and the main panel stayed at Landing/Cleared until the wheels touched the ground then at some points, it switched to rollout.
I will have to do a couple of tests to see if there is a difference between "Landing" and "Continue".
What exactly triggers the change from Landing/Cleared to Rollout in Reboot?

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Hi Bryan,

I have just run a couple of tests with balked landing and could not reproduce the behavior I had the first time for any reason.
The change between Cleared|Landing and Rollout worked correctly only from the moment the wheels touched the ground and the FO responded properly to a "Go around flaps 15" at 50ft AGL even after the "Landing" answer at minimum.

I guess I must have touched the ground really softly during my first balked landing and didn't realized it until I noticed the FO didn't answer and the step was Rollout.

However, maybe it could be good if you could unlock the Rollout step anyway so that it allows for a go around after touching the ground (in case of bumps during landing or very late balked landing)...

Thanks.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg