Sign in to follow this  
kierano

Callsign pronunciation

Hello everyone,

I've just downloaded some skins for the a2a comanche and wondered how I would pronounce the call sign for VH-DOE in the UK on vatsim? I have previously been using registrations like G-ASGF which would be annunciated "Golf Alpha Sierra Golf Foxtrot" until ATC shorten it, but is this the same with the aforemtioned reg?

Many thanks in advance,

Kieran

Still phonetically I'd assume.

Victor Hotel Delta Oscar Echo.

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

As in real life, after satisfactory communication has been established, and provided that no confusion is likely

to occur,(for example another aircraft with similar call sign) your call sign  may be abbreviated as Victor Oscar Echo. That is, the First and the Last two characters of the aircraft registration.

For more information see "Manual of Radiotelephony" . ICAO Doc 9432

Emmanuel Argiropoulos

Emmanuel Argiropoulos

LGMT

https://aviation4all.wordpress.com/

As in real life, after satisfactory communication has been established, and provided that no confusion is likely

to occur,(for example another aircraft with similar call sign) your call sign may be abbreviated as Victor Oscar Echo. That is, the First and the Last two characters of the aircraft registration.

For more information see "Manual of Radiotelephony" . ICAO Doc 9432

At least on the FAA side on the pond, it's not the pilots decision but the controller's, who must first use the abbreviated callsign as the pilot may not know if there was anyone with a similar callsign or not (for a number of reasons).

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

At least on the FAA side on the pond, it's not the pilots decision but the controller's, who must first use the abbreviated callsign as the pilot may not know if there was anyone with a similar callsign or not (for a number of reasons).

Yes you are right.

Emmanuel Argiropoulos

Emmanuel Argiropoulos

LGMT

https://aviation4all.wordpress.com/