Sign in to follow this  
Sethos

Camera function not working when loading scenarios?

Hey,

Today I confirmed something I had a suspicion about for quite some time. Every time I load a scenario, OpusFSI camera angles stop working completely. When you hit a hotkey, it seems to freeze the program in the background and then nothing happens. No matter how many time you restart the software, it doesn't seem to work. Doesn't happen every time but it's quite often. Just tried loading the Majestic Q400 tutorial scenario 3 times, all 3 times, OpusFSI stops working. Done it in the last few betas, last I tried I was still running 4.66.1

Start a fresh flight and it works great. Is this a known issue or something on my end?

Also, might be on Majestics side, any reason for the DHM to constantly shake about in the Q400 when sitting on the ground, engines off? I have to disable DHM when using it.

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

The shaking is most likely Bump Aircraft option which needs to be disabled as the warnings indicate in the manual. That aircraft has been known not to cope with any Bump Aircraft at all.

OpusFSI will not stop working so there are possibly two reasons for your observation. Firstly if the sim does not issue button or key events for opus to see and interpret then there will be no response. Secondly you should check you actually have cameras defined and assigned to the actual aircraft that has been selected.

Finally, it can depend on what scenarios you are running and whether the sim allows the display to be controlled at all. In other words, the sim may not allow eye point control of the view in that operating mode or scenario. That would explain why nothing happens when you restart. It's nothing to do with OpusFSI ... It's the sim operation.

Stephen :-)

In summary,

Make sure you disable all Bump Aircraft in all DHM dialog's associated with the Q400 aircraft.

OpusFSI does just stop working. It simply responds to button/key events from the sim, actions them if you have a camera assigned to the currently selected aircraft and button/key press, and finally if the sim allows eye point control. SimConnect in the sim can also fail but that would recover if FSISERVER was restarted. More likely a non controllable view in that operating mode or no cameras assigned to the selected aircraft type.

Hey Stephen, thanks for your reply.

I will look into disabling the bump aircraft feature.

As far as the cameras stop working, it's something that happens with all planes, despite having used them extensively with all camera angles configured. Also tends to happen by just loading saves, especially when you are working on a save for quite some time, OpusFSI doesn't do anything. When you click OpusFSI in the background, you can see it freezes every time you hit a hotkey as it's trying to process it but nothing is happening. Start a "fresh game" (Pick a plane, an airport, press launch) and it'll work again. This happened in both 3.2 and 3.3.5 on two different Windows re-installs, it's scenarios / loaded games every time, for some reason.

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

You should look at Spy. I think you will find that the selected aircraft might not be reported or reported different to the configured assigned aircraft name. Could also be missing button/key events, again Spy will show that nothing is received. So I would check to see what the sim reports via SimConnect by monitoring the FSISERVER Spy window.

Remember OpusFSI is external program and can only respond to events received via SimConnect, events issued by the sim. Opus also gets notification of the aircraft type via SimConnect so if that is wrong or missing then opus will not know what aircraft is selected and hence will not select any camera views.

I would guess the sim indicates a reset but then doesn't say what aircraft has been loaded. Such things would not surprise me as LM are always messing up the SimConnect interface. So check for any key info missing. Loading the aircraft type again should force the sim to send the aircraft type to FSISERVER and all should be back to normal operation. Spy should help determine why FSISERVER stops responding or accepting any new button events.

Stephen

The assignments are correct, they also work fine when I start a fresh session. However the second I start loading my saved sessions, OpusFSI starts acting up. Same when I load up barebone scenarios, it refuses to accept the inputs.

Here's a loaded scenario, which is just the plane sitting at a stand, nothing else. The spy finds the plane, reports the hotkeys being pressed but it's not changing views. This behaviour is identical in my own saves, in pretty much all scenarios, the second I use the load button to start anything, this happens.

ylYnsVu.jpg

Every time I hit a hotkey, OpusFSI also freezes for a second or two.

Have you checked for an exact match to the reported aircraft type within your configured camera views. Opus has actually no knowledge of what you are doing in the sim apart from what is reported via SimConnect. Also make sure no Anti virus is running.

You can email me your FSISERVER.cam file and I will have a look with the latest beta.

You could also see if it's a PDK delay inside the sim as opus has to wait for the sim to process those requests.

It can be a simple case of p3d not processing the PDK 6DOF requests efficiently, hence the delays and pauses. Opus sends the PDK requests and then has to wait for the sim to process them before continuing. One way to test that would be to quickly disable the OpusPDK Interface and remove the Load statements in the sims DLL.XML. The test again which will then use SimConnect for all 6DOF rather than the PDK.

It wouldn't surprise me if p3d messes up its PDK under certain circumstances and then recovers when

restarted or reloaded. Can't think of any other reason why opus would be paused or delayed.

Missing post ... ?

The assignments are correct, they also work fine when I start a fresh session. However the second I start loading my saved sessions, OpusFSI starts acting up. Same when I load up barebone scenarios, it refuses to accept the inputs.

Here's a loaded scenario, which is just the plane sitting at a stand, nothing else. The spy finds the plane, reports the hotkeys being pressed but it's not changing views. This behaviour is identical in my own saves, in pretty much all scenarios, the second I use the load button to start anything, this happens.

Every time I hit a hotkey, OpusFSI also freezes for a second or two.

Hmm, may have incidentally on the / a solution.

Everything you load from the "quick start" guide, with the big "Load" button won't work. However if you just open the Scenario menu and load it again, OpusFSI starts working. So there's something in the initial load that breaks the OpusSIM / SimConnect connection to the plane.

Guess it's sorted then. Thank you for your time Stephen and apologies for not coming up with this simple solution before coming here :)

I would still guess the use of Quick Start is upsetting P3D's handling of its own PDK Interface (hence the pauses as Opus waits for P3D to either respond ... Or times out !)

I have a time out for P3D to respond to PDK requests so if it stops handling them opus will continue but with many delays and pauses.

Once you load the scenario again the PDK is reset and all is back to normal.

• Upvote 1

Yes, sorry about that, it kept just adding that to the previous post rather than making it a separate post, as I suspected you were already writing something up! So I wanted to make sure you saw it. I really appreciate all your help but as I mentioned, it seems using the "Load" button from the Quick Start interface is the culprit. Loading the scenario again and Opus springs into action and starts working. That seems to be the case with all my scenarios and saves. Not sure if it's just upon first load or it works first time, when just using the ingame menu by going Scenario -> Load. I'll have to test that further. 

So guess I have my solution! :) Again, I am in awe how fast you are to respond and how helpful you are.

Absolutely amazing support. Thank you so much Stephen.

So what was the solution?

I'm seeing the same thing whenever I load a saved flight from P3D I get no Camera movement from OPUS. However, the first time I set it up it worked.

Thanks,

Ray

Most likely not the same thing, the above was a PDK problem in the LM software.

You should check what 'aircraft type' you have assigned to your saved flight, then check your cameras, is that exact aircraft type assigned to the cameras?

Do you have a 'Default' camera view assigned?

If so then also check what 'Joystick Number' is reported in Spy when you press a button to select the view. Is this the same as the configured Joystick Number in the Live Camera list?

If the controllers have been re-ordered by the sim then restarting the sim should restore then to the same DirectX Device numbers (as reported in Spy and assumed by Opus).

Stephen

Sorry it has taken me so long to reply. But I have open the spy and it says SIm: Air Folder = RealAir Legacy V2 which is the same as my camera views.

I do not have a default view.

One thing that spy keeps saying is that MET Aircraft Location unknown : is the sim paused.

The sim is not paused.

Thanks,

realkewl

You should select a Default view for that aircraft then double check the button/key assignments ensuring the joystick number (reported in Spy) is the same as the assigned in the camera views for that aircraft.