Sign in to follow this  
brack4712

Split Scimitar

I know this question has been asked and answered before, but I am asking again :)

Split Scimitar winglets are more common than not on the 737-800/737-900 series, and they look so nice.

If we could seen an option in the NGX for this, that would be absolutely AMAZING.

I am just looking for the Appearance of them, not the functionality. I think all of us would be satisfied with just the look of them as long as we have something.

Split Scimitar winglets are the way of the future and are skyrocketing in popularity. If we could seen at least an option to visually see these on the aircraft, I, along with many others, would be very thankful!

Thank you

Jack

• Upvote 2

Here we go again. The weekly split scimitar topic. Posted twice to emphasize the point.

• Upvote 2

Here we go again. The weekly split scimitar topic. Posted twice to emphasize the point.

I didn't post Twice to "emphasize the point" I did it on accident when I refreshed the page. That's why I editted it to say "IGNORE". I am sorry if you feel that way.

Now to the "Here we go again." point. This is the NGX thread, this is where all things NGX go. If it is being posted frequently, that means it is in high demand. Isn't this where we are to voice our requests and/or concerns? Thanks

Jack

• Upvote 4

Lol, if I only had a dollar for every time a split scimitar request post was made, it would pay for the new 747.

If it is being posted frequently, that means it is in high demand. Isn't this where we are to voice our requests and/or concerns?

Yes but users posting the same feature update requests doesn't mean that PMDG is going to do it, just like the people who keep posting the 757 and 767 request threads through the years.

• Upvote 1

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

If it is being posted frequently, that means it is in high demand.

The forum is certainly the loudest, but to assume that it's a more representative sample of the overall user base isn't necessarily correct.

Isn't this where we are to voice our requests and/or concerns?

Not entirely. This is the customer forum for user-to-user support. We obviously hang out here, but the official avenue to get to PMDG specifically is the support system (linked in my signature).

• Upvote 2

Kyle Rodgers

If it is being posted frequently, that means it is in high demand. Isn't this where we are to voice our requests and/or concerns? Thanks

Jack

By that logic, wouldn't it make sense to add your vote into one of the existing topics? That way rather than having someone try to evaluate 40 threads of 1-3 comments they can just see one big thread with a lot of comments/views. It makes it easier to gather the data point.

And I don't suggest that anyone ask a study level developer to slap something on because they're getting impatient. The time will come my friend.

• Upvote 1

Aidan Hutchison

I know this question has been asked and answered before, but I am asking again :)

Split Scimitar winglets are more common than not on the 737-800/737-900 series, and they look so nice.

If we could seen an option in the NGX for this, that would be absolutely AMAZING.

I am just looking for the Appearance of them, not the functionality. I think all of us would be satisfied with just the look of them as long as we have something.

Split Scimitar winglets are the way of the future and are skyrocketing in popularity. If we could seen at least an option to visually see these on the aircraft, I, along with many others, would be very thankful!

Thank you

Jack

Aren't you glad you asked?

Jas

• Upvote 3

The weekly split scimitar topic. Posted twice to emphasize the point.

Flashback to the original PMDG NG when airlines started to plug the eyebrow windows. :P

• Upvote 1

Split Scimitar winglets are more common than not on the 737-800/737-900 series,

Where did you get your data to make such a bold statement? Not because you see it in your country, region or the airline you travel on, doesn't mean it's common in the world.

• Upvote 1

Split Scimitar winglets are more common than not on the 737-800/737-900 series

Please state your source.  Given the number of airframes in service I have a hard time believing this statement.

• Upvote 1

According to that website, there are four types of winglets existing for the B737.

http://www.b737.org.uk/winglets.htm

Are you going to request all of them for the PMDG NGX?  :Devil:

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

According to that website, there are four types of winglets existing for the B737.

http://www.b737.org.uk/winglets.htm

Are you going to request all of them for the PMDG NGX?  :Devil:

There are only 2 winglet options for the NG. Blended winglets and now the scimitar. 

The other two are for completely different variants of the 737.

• Upvote 3

Regards,
Jamaljé Bassue

I think they should halt production on the 747v3 immediately and get on this. I can hardly bear fly my NGX with the knowledge that there's a new option available for the 737 since the NGX came out in 2011. As soon as I start thinking about it, my skin gets all clammy and I'm sobbing under my computer desk.

While they're at it, maybe they can add a second ADF and peel off those INOP stickers. 

I don't think Jack's question was so bad. Anyhow, the replies to his question weren't much better.

My guess is that at some point in a (distant) future, we will get PMDG's rendition of the 737 MAX, which will include its winglets too.

But that's just my guess.

• Upvote 2