Sign in to follow this  
renegade

Emuteq & FSUIPC

Hi,

I have an Emuteq G1000, FSX,and Win7.

Problem : Some,not all of the keys from the G1000 are not recognized by FSUIPC, knobs well ?

Steve from Emuteq doens't reply on my question.

Anyone had the same issue ?

Thanks and fly safe

Gerry

I am using the Emuteq with the Flight1 student 1000 simulator software and the whole system is superb. Which buttons do not work and what are you trying to do with them?

Hi John,

Thanks for replying,

I have also the Flight1 tech student and cockpit builder soft,which works perfectly as you said, but I'd like to use it in the flight1 citation mustang, which they don't support. So I had to go the mindstar solution. There it doesn't detect the buttons of the Emuteq and steve doesn't answer.

Any help welcome

Gerry

Hi Gerry,

I'm surprised that Emuteq have not responded as I have found them very helpful! Have you contacted Mindstar as I would have thought that it is their interest for their software to work with the Emuteq G1000? I would then purchase it my self.

As far as i know our software works with Emuteq hardware. I don't own one nor have access to one either so couldn't really help much.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

If you haven't already set up the Emuteq with FSUIPC, go through the key mapping process on the key button tab of FSUIPC, pressing/turning each button/knob, selecting fs control followed by selecting the corresponding gps function in the drop down choice dialog for button up.

Next you'll need to edit the Mindstar GPS.ini file with the simconnect hex values for the buttons. I turned on the FSUIPC (registered version) logging of the buttons/keys and events to console window and successively pressed (or rotated each way) the buttons / knobs on the Emuteq. The console window logged all the button/knob simconnect values with their corresponding event descriptions. I then edited the GPS.ini file to fill in the gps1 entries with the appropriate hex (note: it can only handle the 0x (hex) and not decimal) simconnect values.

Note for P3Dv3, I'm able to undock the GPS window, size it and drag it to the Emuteq display, do a save.

Also, a known issue is that a P3D flight plan isn't transferred, and manually entering one in the g530 corrupts the P3D one so the knee board nav log is bad, etc.

I'm able to undock the GPS window, size it and drag it to the Emuteq display,

How much FPS do you lose doing that?

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

The FSUIPC "mapping" of button to simconnect variable id, then the simconnect variable id mapping to Mindstar gps. is only done once [off-line] as part of the installation of the Mindstar G5330 and Emuteq.

During a flight, when an Emuteq button is pressed or a knob is turned, that is a USB event that is processed by FSUIPC, and passed to Mindstar.   So the question becomes, how often are buttons pressed or knobs turned?       Well, since I have to enter a flight plan manually, and that requires lots of knob "clicks", that can take a tiny percentage of time over several minutes times your frame rate, and you won't notice it.   [i don't think I can turn the knob faster than about 10 clicks a second [read that as selecting a letter for the waypoint ID.  So going from A to K might be done as fast as a second, then it's click to the next ID position, and repeat for the next character, etc.

What you really want to ask is, "with the Emuteq set up as a separate display [e.g. using NVIDIA Surround], how much processing is being done 1) by the video driver, and 2) by the emulated GPS ?      And for that, I defer to Mindstar.    [i was previously using Emuteq with the built-in GPS, all I'm doing is replacing the built-in GPS with Mindstar's.  This is different from no GPS to virtual-cockpit GPS, or no GPS to Emuteq with built-in GPS, etc.   So for performance issues, you will always need to specify what is the "before" and what is the "after."]]

If you're really performance squeezed on your main computer, there is also a remote capability via simconnect, where a secondary computer drives the Emuteq.  I will probably be doing that since I already use remote simconnect with SPADnext to drive several Saitek panels/instruments as well as the FSWidgets GMapHD moving map.    Remote "off-loading" means no video driver resources taken on the main computer, and minimal processing to support some gps interaction via simconnect data generation/transfer, the bulk of the GPS processing/display generation will be done on the secondary computer.