Sign in to follow this  
ferrariman15

Likelihood of a PMDG 787?

A 787 flies the same routes and longer range routes as a 777, its less common,  its very similar systems wise to a 777, and it was even less popular when pmdg likely started designing their next project. Thats why I don't think we will see a 787 from pmdg in the near future.  Even though they have said they will not do a 767/757 because leveld are developing one maybe they will reconsider since level d seems to be non existent.  A 757 or 767 would be a goldmine for pmdg, even more so the 757 because, simmers love them, you can fly a huge variety of routes with them, and they are still very very common, and we have never had a quality 757 simulation for fsx/p3d.  The other aircraft I think about is the MD80, again simmers love them, they are fun to fly, no up to date simulation exists, and they are still somewhat common, but not nearly as common anymore as the 757 or 767 still is.  Personally I would love either from pmdg.  Either way we will know soon.  

• Upvote 3

Lian Li 011 Air Mini | AMD 7950X3D | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F | Arctic Cooling Liquid Freezer II 280mm RGB | 2x32GB G.Skill DDR5-6000 | ASUS TUF RTX 4090 | Seasonic Prime Platinum 1000W | Varjo Aero

I wouldn't mind another airplane that I could use for domestic routes outside of the 737. That would be very nice.

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

a.   % Chance PMDG will make a 787 -  ZERO

b.   % Chance you'll see a PMDG 757 or 767 - ZERO

c.   % Chance they even read this post - ZERO

d.   % Chance LD757 comes out by next century - ZERO

e.   % Chance someone's 787 (QW) will be out in before the next 2 years - 25%

f.    % Chance Pauly flies his PDMG 777 tonight - 100

g.   % Chance Pauly gets banned from this site - 100 (unless c.>1%)

C's wrong.

• Upvote 9

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

C's wrong.

Yeah. I'm with Ryan. Just because we don't respond doesn't mean we aren't watching...  :ph34r:

Sometimes we just don't jump in because we aren't in a position to address the topic in one way or another.

EDIT: ...and look! Two of us in a single thread.

• Upvote 4

Kyle Rodgers

EDIT: ...and look! Two of us in a single thread.

Its like a double rainbow

• Upvote 4

Richie Walsh

Its like a double rainbow

All the way?

What does this meeeaaaannn?

Oh my god oh my god!

• Upvote 4

Kyle Rodgers

Next PMDG projects with higest priority in my wish list:

- NGX and 777 for X-Plane 10 and/or 11.

That will definitely kill my P3D and FSX copies... :Raised Eyebrow:

• Upvote 3

Ivan Lewis

PMDG B737NGX, B777 and B747v3 QOTS II

C's wrong.

oh wow, you're still alive. I haven't seen you around here since the ngx days!

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

So it's been about 2 years since I've posted on these forums, I still browse from time to time to see what good stuff PMDG has cooking.

Anyway, here is an interview from  2013 in which Robert Randazzo is asked this question:

https://youtu.be/BRmjmP4Q8GY?t=2630

For those who can't view the video here is the transcript:

FroogleSim: "Are you considering a 787?"

Robert: "Right now surprisingly we are not. We haven't gotten the data package yet these things cost money. There's a couple of other things we want to do first but I'm sure we will get there some day".

FroogleSim: "Isn't a 787 just a very big 777 but you turn it on and it catches fire?"

Robert: "[]....the 787 is a marvel of technology, from a developers stand point it just makes me break out in a very prickly rash because it's  just so software driven my fear is there is just some whole stuff in there which we would have to invent just to support the data drive side of the aeroplane. But we will get there some day I'm sure".

So there you have it, there will probably be a PMDG 787 one day but it would be so hard to develop I'm not sure if it will happen any time soon.

• Upvote 1

If I look at my PMDG hangar, there is a gap between the NGX and the 777/744v3. So from this point of view only, I would like to see some airliner in the 757/767/787 category.

In the light of this, a PMDG 757/767 would really fit nicely and would be not so much of a challenge to build. Furthemore, it will bring some classic feel to our sim :smile:

Happy flying to all :drinks:

• Upvote 1

We're all screaming 'airliner' and what they're really doing is that pigeon thing :(

• Upvote 1

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

I won't mind if they actually went back to the NGX and added the -900ER model (and fix the VC cockpit windows in the model).

• Upvote 1

Eric 

Chance of Kyle getting the last word in - 100%

Hey I not negative.  I'm just responding to a post stating the likelihood (the chance) of something happening.

OK "c" was a joke, but all the other odds seem pretty fair.

Oh and I'd be the 1st in line for a PMDG 767 or 787.  But I love m,y 777 and 737 now and will fly them until the new interstellar galactic transporter sim comes out in 2525..

Paul Gugliotta

I don't usually buy into these threads but given a steam DC6 has come out, what about a classic 747-200? Remember the "Ready for Pushback" offering years ago?

David Porrett