Sign in to follow this  
MarioB

Weather radar and LG pins

Hello!

Q1: Is it the PIC or FO's responsibility to put the radar on? Before TO, the FO says "radar on both sides" when they are still on stby...

Q2: Same with the LG pins, where the FO says on the checklist he says "stowed", when they are not.

Thanks!

Hi Mario,

1. Unless something changed in a Dash 8 update, the FO should turn them on based on the selection in the Departure Brief.

2. We can't "read" the position of the pins, so the FO will always say 'stowed'.  We'll see what we can do about this in the future.

Cheers,

In the new 64bit version for P3D V4.1 the FO will set the ND to WX, but he does not turn the radar from Stdby to On.

I wonder if thats because it´s only turned on f required: Radar/ Terrain - AS REQ'D - F

A small quirk with button control for the Descend checklist to the lineI also have each time...

DESCENT CHECKLIST TO THE LINE (PLEASE)

Approach & Landing Brief     -     COMPLETE -CR

The FO speaks "Approach & Landing Brief", but "Complete" is not spoken by him and the FS2Crew minpanel display jumps right to "Below the line".

System: i7-10700K, 32GB RAM, RTX2070S 8GB, 1TB SSD, 2 TB HDD, Win10 64bit Home

3 hours ago, byork said:

I recall the Radar Terrain is a function of your settings in the Concerns section of the Briefing Panel.

For the Complete, which voice set are you using?

I´m using EU

Regarding the WX radar I would assume the FO to turn on the Radar when lining up the RWY if WX is chosen, but since the FO isn´t able to determine whether active WX radar is required, it might be left for the Cpt to set.

I miss some info about the "Concerns" settings.

With none selected, both ND´s are set to WX but WX is not turned on..

Is it turned ON by the FO if set to WX Both or WX/TERR ?

Just made a short flight...

The Weather radar "thing" works correct.

If "Concerns" are set to "None", then the WX remains in Stdby and the FO will not set WX/TERR and also not set the WX radar On.

If "Concerns" are set to "WX/TERR" the the FO will set Captains ND to WX and turn the radar on, as well as setting his own ND to TERR.

Regarding the Descend checklists and flow, it seems confusing, since there are delays for serveral of his spoken checks, which leads to some confusion on when to press the main button and thus riscing triggering the "Descend check Below the line".

Apart from that FS2Crew for the Majestic Dash 8-Q400 works great and adds alot of immersion - so thanks alot.