Sign in to follow this  
Guest allcott

PROBLEMS AT START

Guest masterboy

The game does not start, the game stops responding, or the game shows the splash screen and then quits unexpectedly when you try to start Flight Simulator 2004 - A Century of Flighti try everythig in the fs9 support page but nothing seems to fixed this problem

Guest Ozark Dogfighter

Try deleting the FS9.cfg file.It's located in C:Documents and Settings*username*Application DataMicrosoftFS9 (in XP)If you've modified it, back it up first to another location (or rename it to ORIGINAL_fs9.cfg_ORIGINAL, or the like).After you delete or rename the original, restart fs9.This usually works. If all else fails, you may have to reinstall Flight Simulator. It's a chore, but it usually gets the job done, and fresh installs run soooooo much nicer!Good luck-Jeremy BurchThe Ozark Dogfighter http://forums.avsim.net/images/wedge.gifHappy Flying!Pilot-The friction locks are causing the throttle levers to stick.Mechanic- Umm, that's what they're there for...

Try a complete uninstall of the program via "Add/Remove Programs". Make sure you have the latest drivers for all of your hardware, download the latest DirectX runtime from MS, run "dxdiag" and run all the tests to see verify that your hardware supports DirectX without failures, re-install FS9, download and install the FS9.1 update from MS. That should help.If not, please post your computer specs and we'll try to help.

Guest bobsk8

>Try a complete uninstall of the program via "Add/Remove>Programs". Make sure you have the latest drivers for all of>your hardware, download the latest DirectX runtime from MS,>run "dxdiag" and run all the tests to see verify that your>hardware supports DirectX without failures, re-install FS9,>download and install the FS9.1 update from MS. That should>help.>>If not, please post your computer specs and we'll try to>help.I installed the "latest driver" from the Nvidia site yesterday for my 6800GT video card. My perfectly working FS9 started to do the exact thing that is described here. It would get to the splash screen, start to load and then immediately shut down. A rollback to my original drivers using XP driver rollback and XP system restore returned my FS9 to it's orginal condition. I don't think I am going to go driver exploring anymore. If it ain't broke, I am leaving it alone :)

Guest allcott

>I installed the "latest driver" from the Nvidia site yesterday>for my 6800GT video card. My perfectly working FS9 started to>do the exact thing that is described here. It would get to the>splash screen, start to load and then immediately shut down. >A rollback to my original drivers using XP driver rollback and>XP system restore returned my FS9 to it's orginal condition. I>don't think I am going to go driver exploring anymore. If it>ain't broke, I am leaving it alone :)>>Although this really belongs in the hardware forum, I'm willing to bet, Bob, that you just installed the new drivers over the old, and the old were early 7x.xx or late 6x.xx series?If so, then in the hardware forum there are several threads about how to go about swapping out Nvidia drivers. There have been subtstantial changes in the driver files between the 6, 7 and 8x.xx series and you MUST remove all traces of the previous drivers using the procedure and utility suggested, or else these are exactly the kind of problems you get, particularly when going between series.I habitually change Nvidia drivers using a shortcut to the procedure and thats the only time I have any problems. Doing things the `right` way has always fixed things.Note too, that for the driver settings not to corrupt your FS9.cfg there is a simple fix posted in that forum too, involving removing the old driver lines from the .cfg before rebooting the sim. Saves all the other settings, and stops corruption at launch.Allcott

Guest masterboy

hi everybodyi found out what was my problem the problem was in my modules files there was a folder from an airplane (hurricane hunter) called active radar i removed it and the fs9 start to work fine again thanks guys for your help now im happy again

Guest Ozark Dogfighter

Glad to hear you found it and fixed it without having to reinstall. Troubleshooting FS is always a learning process, but it's never easy and seldom fun.-Jeremy BurchThe Ozark Dogfighter http://forums.avsim.net/images/wedge.gifHappy Flying!Pilot-There is evidence of a leak on right main landing gear.Mechanic- Evidence removed.

Guest bobsk8

>>>I installed the "latest driver" from the Nvidia site>yesterday>>for my 6800GT video card. My perfectly working FS9 started>to>>do the exact thing that is described here. It would get to>the>>splash screen, start to load and then immediately shut down.>>>A rollback to my original drivers using XP driver rollback>and>>XP system restore returned my FS9 to it's orginal condition.>I>>don't think I am going to go driver exploring anymore. If it>>ain't broke, I am leaving it alone :)>>>>>>Although this really belongs in the hardware forum, I'm>willing to bet, Bob, that you just installed the new drivers>over the old, and the old were early 7x.xx or late 6x.xx>series?>>If so, then in the hardware forum there are several threads>about how to go about swapping out Nvidia drivers. There have>been subtstantial changes in the driver files between the 6, 7>and 8x.xx series and you MUST remove all traces of the>previous drivers using the procedure and utility suggested, or>else these are exactly the kind of problems you get,>particularly when going between series.>>I habitually change Nvidia drivers using a shortcut to the>procedure and thats the only time I have any problems. Doing>things the `right` way has always fixed things.>>Note too, that for the driver settings not to corrupt your>FS9.cfg there is a simple fix posted in that forum too,>involving removing the old driver lines from the .cfg before>rebooting the sim. Saves all the other settings, and stops>corruption at launch.>>AllcottYou lose the bet. Uninstalled old drivers, installed new and Voila.. NG!!! Installed old ones back after uninstalling the rubbish that I had installed, and everything back to normal. Other people are having the same problem with this Nvidia driver set, so Nvidia just released a new Beta that is supposed to fix it, and it didn't.

>hi everybody>>i found out what was my problem >the problem was in my modules files >there was a folder from an airplane (hurricane hunter) called>active radar i removed it and the fs9 start to work fine again>>thanks guys for your help now im happy again I'm glad your FS9 runs normal now, but I doubt your diagnosis is accurate. The folder (active radar) you removed from your modules directory was put their by your installation of a version of the Active Sky weather program. If you have been using the weather radar feature of your Active Sky Weather, you will no longer have access to this.I'm sure Jim Skorna will pop in here soon to confirm this.Anyways, glad you're up and running. :-) Vince Carlo

WAT1460.png