Hello everyone, I have the saitek pro flight cessna yoke and I'd like to buy some rudder pedals but the saitek pro flight rudder pedals seems just a little bit too expensive for me.

This is maybe a stupid question but: is gonna be a problem if I buy rudder pedals from a different vendor or they have to be somewhat "compatible" with the rest of the saitek hardware I'm already using? I don't see why they should (they just control two different axes) but before buying it I figured I'd make sure :-)

What cheaper but good rudder pedals are on the market? i've seen one by Thrustmaster which is around 100 euros and I'd like to stay around this price range.

Thank you

I use CH Pro pedals and, though some seem to not like their basic nature/look, I find they are absolutely great and will basically last forever, if you want them to.

Not the fashionable choice, but definitely a wise one and within your budget.

• Upvote 1

I also use the CH pedals with the Saitek Yoke. No problems at all.

Sherm

I have a spare set of CHPro Pedals...PM me if youre interested in them? Cheers kev

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

Thank you guys!

While watching video reviews of ch and thrustmaster rudders pedals I noticed they "slide" for controlling the rudder and press for controlling the brake. Is that right? I thought that in real aircrafts you can only press the pedals and depending on the pressed area the rudder or brake is activated. Is my understanding flawed?

Thank you guys!

While watching video reviews of ch and thrustmaster rudders pedals I noticed they "slide" for controlling the rudder and press for controlling the brake. Is that right? I thought that in real aircrafts you can only press the pedals and depending on the pressed area the rudder or brake is activated. Is my understanding flawed?

-rudder is controlled by sliding the pedals back & forth (you actually have to extend one leg a bit and retract the other and vicebersa), but to slide the pedals you have to use pressure on the low part of the pedal. If you apply pressure on the top part of the pedal you will not slide them but lean them forward which is braking (imagine braking as the movement of the car throttle pedal, it is fixed from below the upper part lean forward)!

-braking is controlled by pressing the upper part of pedals (the axe is on the toe) so you push using your upper part of your foot, the pedal will lean forward which is braking.

By applying toe pressure (sliding them) and upper pressure (leaning them forward) you apply rudder and braking simultaneously when required

hope this clarified.

It is a good advice for takeoff roll on small GAs to slide your foot down from the pedals, so your upper foot part pushes toe (rudder) your toes are on the floor, not to catch differential braking by accident due to a bump or anything which will be quite risky at high speeds during takeoff roll.

Manuel Merelles

The Saitek pedals are very good. If you keep an eye out or set an alert on eBay you may snag a used set for cheap with some patience 

It is a good advice for takeoff roll on small GAs to slide your foot down from the pedals, so your upper foot part pushes toe (rudder) your toes are on the floor, not to catch differential braking by accident due to a bump or anything which will be quite risky at high speeds during takeoff roll.

Excellent explanation, except I sure wouldn't recommend this tip when flying my small GA Grumman AA5 ha... no nose steering, uses differential braking only for steering on the ground.  With this technique you will end up in the weeds every time  :Tounge:

And back on topic, I have and use the CH Pro Pedals.  Love them and they are bullet proof.  I had the original "gameport" version back in the early/mid 90's and finally upgraded to the "USB" version about a decade ago, still use every day.

I have a spare set of CHPro Pedals...PM me if youre interested in them? Cheers kev

So have I. :smile:

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

So, how do you find your set of NFG Crosswinds Ron?

:)

I am loving mine...

Andrew

MFG Crosswinds are the tops. Nothing more to say really.

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

saitek pedals just arrived back into stock on Amazon today for $149.99. Get them while you can as they will be sold out again in a few days probably.