Sign in to follow this  
darth_damian_000

P3D V2 Airport Scenery on V3?

I try to keep my simulator clean, meaning, if the manufacturer says that this isn't compatible with P3D V3.3, then I am not going to purchase it. I have been quite comfortable with this approach (no pun intended) and I've never had a CTD / OOM crash *knock on wood* since I first started simming about a year ago.

However, the mainstream developer community's bias to North American and European airports (yes, yes, I know, OMDB, YSSY) has gotten me into a repetitive rut. Now that tropical sim and latin vfr have some products on sale, it would be the perfect opportunity to get this scenery. Unfortunately for me (I'm sure many would back me on this), these airports aren't certified for P3D V3, and puts me in a dilemma.

I know when P3D V3 first came out, ORBX stressed that their sceneries are incompatible with V3 and installers will be put in place to satisfy their customers who made the upgrade.

Now that the life story is over, I would like to ask you, P3D V3 (better, V 3.3 users), about your experiences with products certified for no later version than P3D V2.5. I would like to buy SAEZ, SGBL, and perhaps SGBR, and would like to hear some of the thought you all have on these, based on how they run, how they are on frames (regardless of what kind of build you have), and if there are perhaps any crashes or instabilities that occured to you as a result. Furthermore, if you are using ORBX global base and vector, how are they compatible?

Thank you!

I have installed one V2 'certified' scenery into V3 - the (IMO) excellent Kilimanjaro HTKJ published by Aerosoft. They even modeled the plants in the gardens in front of the terminal accurately!

I was ultra careful though. I used another PC with no P3D or FSX on it and 'tricked" the installer into installing on that PC. That made it easy for me to see the exact file structure and cut/paste files across to my V3 manually. Made notes so that I can completely remove it again manually if necessary as there will be no auto uninstaller if you install in this way. Looking back, I did not need to do this, could have just installed directly into the sim but like you, I am not a gambling man when it comes to my sim PC and understandably, developers will not be keen to help if you create a mess of your sim.

Works perfectly except that the runway night lighting is very dim. Thus for now, the airport has lost it's certification for night ops. ;-) This really is a minor issue and some research might even produce a fix.

Still hoping that it gets updated one day but not looking positive and this solution is 1000 times better than the non descript default scenery.

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor