Sign in to follow this  
lennie

GTN integrate to Shrike panel

Hi everyone,

I recently bought the Shrike, and while watching a youtube tutorial, seems that we can put the GTN750 in the panel to replace the older GPS. In the readme file i read a note saying "double click on the file flight1gtn750A500s.exe ; but i can't find that file in the aero commander folder, or in the flight 1 folder. I also did a search of my hard drive and i cannot find the file.

Can someone tell me how to find it? Get it from somewhere?

thanks

I'm using P3D 2.4 and I found it in SimObjects/Airplanes/Carendado Aero_Commander_500S folder.
F1GTN750A500S.exe

Cheers
Martin

Thanks Martin, will take another look for it!!

first, you must buy it from flight1.com  for FSX or PD3. instal flight1 . You will  find the files to install GTN 750 or back to default MFD on Shrike

Thanks guys! Been away from the airport for couple weeks. Finally back to this topic. So I followed Martin's advice and found and installed the GTN750. Seems ok and operates just as in my other planes. BUT, now I am a bit lost. There is a switch to turn A/P on/off; but it will not operate from my Saitek instrument. And I don't see a NAV select on the A/P; so how do I get the A/P and 750 to track a flight plan? Assume the 750 has to be in GPS mode? As always, help is appreciated!! Oh, and where is the instrument light switch? I know, I know my eyesight is not what it used to be.

Thanks guys! Been away from the airport for couple weeks. Finally back to this topic. So I followed Martin's advice and found and installed the GTN750. Seems ok and operates just as in my other planes. BUT, now I am a bit lost. There is a switch to turn A/P on/off; but it will not operate from my Saitek instrument. And I don't see a NAV select on the A/P; so how do I get the A/P and 750 to track a flight plan? Assume the 750 has to be in GPS mode? As always, help is appreciated!! Oh, and where is the instrument light switch? I know, I know my eyesight is not what it used to be.

The autopilot has a round source selector (towards the right).

12 0'clock position is HDG, to the left is NAV, and to the right is APR.

The lights are on the overhead panel.  Use shift-L to see..

The autopilot is kind of broken... send me a PM with your email address and I'll send you a fixed version, along with a proper Pilot's Guide.

Bert

Thanks Bert!

Not sure how to PM, anyhow my email is: mail@agrotours.com

Long time ago, my golf man was Arnie. Like in Arnie's army! Followed him in golf and knew he flew an Aero Commander. Wanted to try it out myself.

Any help or guidance much appreciated!!!

Just click on Bert's user name next time, that way you won't have to post your e-mail online for everyone to see?

Cheers

Martin

Ha ha, thanks. Waiting for lots of emails??