Sign in to follow this  
TopGun

Feelthere Ejets and DME Arcs

Hi all,

I've been using the Feelthere Ejet series for awhile now, and for the most part, things work as advertised. I do have one issue, though, and that is getting the aircraft to fly a star/approach with a DME arc. I've ensured that the FMS is set up correctly with the published star/approach that includes a DME arc (quite common in the Caribbean where I do most of my flights) and I'm pretty sure that it's not a programming issue. For the record, every other procedure that I program into the Feelthere FMS works without a hitch (including Rnav procedures). In all instances where I've programmed a procedure with a DME arc, I've had to follow the arc manually in "heading" mode since LNAV won't follow the procedure, even though the FMS is set up correctly. I'm using the ejet version 2, FS9.1, and windows 7 64-bit. I've checked and doubled checked the manual to make sure I'm not missing anything, I've asked for help on their support forum awhile back, but didn't really get a satisfactory answer or suggestion for a fix. Any suggestions for this issue will be greatly appreciated, since I'd like to believe that LNAV should be able to follow a DME arc once entered correctly into the FMS as a part of a procedure.

Thanks in advance,

J.C.

I expect it isn't programmed to fly a DME arc - few add-ons of its era were.  It's a simple matter to fly the arc the old fashioned way, however.

DJ

Hi DJ

Below is an excerpt as advertised for the features of the Ejets on their page:

FMS Features (Flight Management System)

• Ultra realistic and very complete dual FMS with Vertical Glide Path Mode and Coupled LNAV / VNAV
  • Learn function : the FMS learns your flying habits for more accurate flight predictions
  • Five different patterns simulated including HOLD, PROCEDURE TURN,... SID/STAR with DME arc,...

Based on the above, I'd like to believe that DME arcs are simulated,no?

Thanks,

J.C.

If I remember well, I had to insert manualy 2 or 3 point between entry and exit points of the DME ARC.

Points in the place/bearing/distance format (or something like that).

Duran.

Hi Duran,

Most of the procedures that I fly which include DME arcs already have quite a few waypoints between the entry and exit points, so not sure if adding additional waypoints will make a difference. Additionally, an arc is not even displayed on the MFD; the waypoints of the arc are displayed point to point in a straight line.

J.C.

Hi DJ

Below is an excerpt as advertised for the features of the Ejets on their page:

FMS Features (Flight Management System)

• Ultra realistic and very complete dual FMS with Vertical Glide Path Mode and Coupled LNAV / VNAV
  • Learn function : the FMS learns your flying habits for more accurate flight predictions
  • Five different patterns simulated including HOLD, PROCEDURE TURN,... SID/STAR with DME arc,...

Based on the above, I'd like to believe that DME arcs are simulated,no?

Thanks,

J.C.

If the aircraft does not fly the arc, when properly set up, then it would seem that belief is not enough...

DJ

It would seem so I guess. I'm hoping that there is a solution to get the FMS to perform as advertised though. Other than this snafu, everything else works like a dream, so if I can find a solution to this issue, it would be great, since presently, I do it the old fashioned way, which is not how a modern FMS equipped aircraft is designed to work, all things considered.

J.C.