Sign in to follow this  
bernd1151

Hong Kong to Almaty, part 2

This is the second leg of my journey from Hong Kong to Almaty (UAAA) in Kazakhstan. The runway in Bhutan is with 6,500 ft somewhat short for a plane such as the Tu-114, so we depart with no pax and just enough fuel to bring us safely to Almaty. Flight time will be around 4 hours.

1.jpg

Here we go, it is 6:15 am, we have 18 degrees Celsius. I know that this is just a simulator, but I am a bit nervous, I have to admit

2.jpg

Yezzzzzzzzzzz, good girl

3.jpg

Now we need to carefully navigate through the valleys until we have reached a safer altitude

4.jpg

The best view in the plane can be enjoyed from the navigator’s seat in the plane’s nose

5.jpg

6.jpg

What a scenery

7.jpg

8.jpg

The huge Taklimakan Desert is further out to the West, but doesn’t look that impressive in the sim

937564.jpg

We get closer to our destination and approach the Issyk-Kul lake, in the northern Tian Shan mountains in eastern Kyrgystan. It is some 180 km (112 mi) long, 60 km (37 mi) wide and with an area of some 6,200 square km ( 2,400 sq m) it is the second largest mountain lake in the world after Lake Titicaca. It lies at an altitude of around 1,600 meters (5,200 ft) and reaches 670 meters (2,200 ft) in depth.

10d9088.jpg

11.jpg

Long final into Almaty

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

Welcome to Almaty, former capital of Kazakhstan. What a journey, I loved doing it

16.jpg

Thanks for viewing

• Upvote 2

Any attempt to stretch fuel is guaranteed to increase headwinds

My specs: AMD Radeon RX6700XT, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB RAM, 34" monitor, screen resolution: 2560x1080

Outstanding screenshots over northern China...love the daring take off and beautiful approach!

HLJAMES

Thank you very much gents for your comments.

Beautiful shots.   Is that FTX Global + Vector?

JOHN

Yes, John, that's correct. Plus FS Global Ultimate mesh

My specs: AMD Radeon RX6700XT, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB RAM, 34" monitor, screen resolution: 2560x1080

What a beautiful ferry flight (no pax). :cool:

You were nervous about the take off, yet it's "only" a simulator. I say good for you!   :hi: 

There's no point flightsimming unless you enjoy it, and enjoy the challenges a mere PC and screen can throw at you.

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

You were nervous about the take off, yet it's "only" a simulator. I say good for you!   :hi:

There's no point flightsimming unless you enjoy it, and enjoy the challenges a mere PC and screen can throw at you.

You are absolutely right, Mark

I'd get your ADI's working before attempting flight.

Yes, I am aware of it. Problem is that this is an FS9 plane and it does not always work the way I would love it to function in P3D. I had ADI's working on part of my first leg and then out of a sudden, booom. Now of course you might reply, why I bother to fly this plane in P3D at all. My answer would that I love this plane and I accept its shortcomings  :wink:  :wink:

• Upvote 1

Bernd,

What scenery are you using for UAAA?

Bill

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam

Yes, I am aware of it. Problem is that this is an FS9 plane and it does not always work the way I would love it to function in P3D. I had ADI's working on part of my first leg and then out of a sudden, booom. Now of course you might reply, why I bother to fly this plane in P3D at all. My answer would that I love this plane and I accept its shortcomings

Ah ok. I'd write working ADI for you but I do not have P3D.

Very cool shots, thanks for daring to fly there.

Hans

Bernd,

What scenery are you using for UAAA?

Bill

Hi Bill,

I got it from the Russian avsim site, and it works fine in my P3D 2.5:

http://www.avsimrus.com/files.phtml?action=download&id=58183

Bernd

Great Pictures again from one of my favourite areas to fly. I particularly like #7.

Very brave to take off from Bhutan with this plane and without proper working instruments!

A situation not typical for this time's Soviet aviation, but later periods: When the Tu-144 made her first official flight, some twenty systems failed...

Harald Geyer
   Gründer der Messerschmitt Freunde Dresden v. V.

lYI9iQV.jpg