Sign in to follow this  
Steve Dra

Everyone's 777 license is going to expire this year! (Really, there is proof)

OmWc47.jpg

November 12th to be exact.

Has anyone ever noticed that?  :smile:

PMDG, are you going to reissue our licenses for the 777 when they expire?  :P

Hehe the title kinda' had you going huh?  Like "what the heck is he talking about?"

Hey Robert, do I get a complementary copy of the 747 when she's released for finding this grievous issue with the 777?  :Whistle:

• Upvote 6

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Nah, that's just for the radios.  Send a check for $300 and I'm sure they'll give you a new slip of paper.

• Upvote 2

Dan Downs KCRP

Nah, that's just for the radios.  Send a check for $300 and I'm sure they'll give you a new slip of paper.

Ahhhh.....yes I see its just for the FCC license....my bad.

However, I KNOW for a FACT that this is the Easter Egg PMDG thought we'd never make the connection to....as in....

Nov 12, 2016 is the release date for the 747v3 as we'll be unable to use our 777's radios (legally) after that date and I KNOW they don't want all those 777s grounded without a good replacement to keep all that freight and pax flowing around the globe. :smile:

Very sneaky Robert!  I almost missed that one! :Whistle:

• Upvote 3

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

Ahhhh.....yes I see its just for the FCC license....my bad.

However, I KNOW for a FACT that this is the Easter Egg PMDG thought we'd never make the connection to....as in....

Nov 12, 2016 is the release date for the 747v3 as we'll be unable to use our 777's radios (legally) after that date and I KNOW they don't want all those 777s grounded without a good replacement to keep all that freight and pax flowing around the globe. :smile:

Very sneaky Robert!  I almost missed that one! :Whistle:

Ha! Good one indeed!!

Steve-

PMDG's new revenue strategy.  micro purchases.  You have to send us $5 every three years to keep your license.  :Tounge:

• Upvote 5

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

As I clicked this thread I was getting ready to lay the smack down. Totally thought this was going to be the latest ridiculous customer conspiracy theory haha.

For what it's worth all those dates were the real ones on the airplane we surveyed.

• Upvote 3

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

As I clicked this thread I was getting ready to lay the smack down. Totally thought this was going to be the latest ridiculous customer conspiracy theory haha.

Me too.

(Also: for the trifecta)

• Upvote 2

Kyle Rodgers

Three PMDG-Members in one thread? Illuminati confirmed? :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

Had a laugh about this one haha :Applause:  I didnt even look at these documents yet, although i am sure i have at least 600-700 hours of flighttime in the 777 since release.

• Upvote 2

regards,

Alexander Marx

Steve-

PMDG's new revenue strategy.  micro purchases.  You have to send us $5 every three years to keep your license.  :Tounge:

Robert, that is a great idea!  To add even more realism to the product (the ground ops, dispatch, failures, etc) you could also incorporate the financial/business segment of keeping a 777 airworthy and in the good graces of all the regulatory bodies that govern her existence. :lol:

Plus it would be quite the healthy revenue stream for the company....you'd have all the oil money you'd need for the DC-3!

For what it's worth all those dates were the real ones on the airplane we surveyed.

Hey Ryan, it was my intent to get folks to open the thread and get a laugh (and ponder as to what else on this remarkable plane they may have overlooked).  This is also one of those things all the simmers who never leave the cockpit in flight (i.e. pan around the exterior or go back in the cabin) can't claim that its something they can't see from the captain's chair...like the wings, hehe. (I love those debates BTW, usually fought by many who's butt has never touched the chair).

I have no issue just changing the date myself (like John demonstrated below), but I can imagine it's gonna bug the heck out of some purists who are gonna know they're flying a 777 that is not in compliance...LOL.  My advice...learn to paint or don't turn around in your seat to look at the aft bulkhead.

And, I apologize for thwarting your chance for a smackdown. I like to start conspiracies that are based on one tiny piece of truth, then let the masses start scratching their heads and saying..."You know...."  

I have to admit though that you guys printing the release date of the 747v3 in plain (or is it plane) sight in one of your other products is brilliant!  I'm amazed that you knew the release date of the 747 that long ago...but I guess its just good business planning.  :Applause:

Me too.

(Also: for the trifecta)

OK Kyle...there HAS to be a prize for getting 3 PMDG members to reply in one thread! 

Just give me early access the 747 paintkit so I can have a head start on all the liveries I have to migrate from the 777 and we'll call it even, 

I'm pretty sure on release day and for a significant period after I'll be busy flying vs painting her, hehe.

Mines all good  :Tounge: 

z8nNCqq.png

John, since you're from Down Under and don't fall under the jurisdiction of the FCC, we can let it slide that you falsified official documents on the 777....but expect a visit from the Feds the next time you touch down on US soil.  :wink:

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

Steve-

Ha ha.  Better yet, you could require all customers to visit your new sim facility in VA once a year for a check ride

Andrew Jones

Three PMDG-Members in one thread? Illuminati confirmed? :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

Half Life 3 confirmed!

• Upvote 2

<--------------->
Mike Murawski