Sign in to follow this  
mjrhealth

updated airports

If you dont want to wait for teh updated airports you can download them using WED,  from there server. Igot Cairns YBCS  and Rockhampton YBRK, watched there video on doing taxi paths. fixed tha tup fot both airports and so cool watching planes taxiying propery without driving down vehicle paths. Off to do townsville YBTL next.

Yes it is cool to use WED.  FYI, WED 1.5 is coming soon which will allow some new features for X-Plane 10.5, such as Static Aircraft.

Brendan

You do not need WED to download any new Laminar Airport.

Very true, but he did mention downloading them in order to fix / update the taxi-paths.  It's likely worth publicizing the fact that such activity (downloading, improving, re-uploading) is so easy to do and worth one's time. Makes the sim better for us all!

All the same, good to make the distinction!

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

Yes it is cool to use WED.  FYI, WED 1.5 is coming soon which will allow some new features for X-Plane 10.5, such as Static Aircraft.

Brendan

Well I had a small grin on my face reading this one it reminds going back to FS2002, yes 14 years back in time...

I prefer X-life :-)

André

Well I had a small grin on my face reading this one it reminds going back to FS2002, yes 14 years back in time...

I prefer X-life :-)

I'm personally looking forward to the new 'static' aircraft system. Considering it's dynamic in the sense that it will load up a random set of aircraft that fit the criteria of the defined parking spots, it will add quite a bit of apparent variety to smaller GA fields.

In FSX / P3D, I almost never used AI. For starters, I pretty much have always flown small GA out of small airfields, and the available AI was always lacking in variety in this department. Plus, I always found a significant performance hit from having AI loaded, even if they weren't taxiing or flying anywhere. Much preferable to me were the FTX airfields, with a nice arrangement of static GA sitting around.  But since they were totally static, they were always the same every time you flew there.

I'm hoping this system will let us define a realistic amount of parking spots for small fields, and then give us a nice dynamic feel when we fly to that field, with the parked aircraft not always in the same spot or being the same type. Sure they won't be taking off or landing, but a lot of the small GA fields I've been to when photographing have had exactly zero movement while I'm there.

Also, because they will make use of the library system, I can completely imagine creating myself a library to use in Canada with a ton of C- painted liveries.

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

I'm personally looking forward to the new 'static' aircraft system. Considering it's dynamic in the sense that it will load up a random set of aircraft that fit the criteria of the defined parking spots, it will add quite a bit of apparent variety to smaller GA fields.

In FSX / P3D, I almost never used AI. For starters, I pretty much have always flown small GA out of small airfields, and the available AI was always lacking in variety in this department. Plus, I always found a significant performance hit from having AI loaded, even if they weren't taxiing or flying anywhere. Much preferable to me were the FTX airfields, with a nice arrangement of static GA sitting around.  But since they were totally static, they were always the same every time you flew there.

I'm hoping this system will let us define a realistic amount of parking spots for small fields, and then give us a nice dynamic feel when we fly to that field, with the parked aircraft not always in the same spot or being the same type. Sure they won't be taking off or landing, but a lot of the small GA fields I've been to when photographing have had exactly zero movement while I'm there.

Also, because they will make use of the library system, I can completely imagine creating myself a library to use in Canada with a ton of C- painted liveries.

You have also GA or only GA ;-)

André