Sign in to follow this  
jackieman271

Falcon 50 W.I.P.

Just saw this on their website..

-FSX Products in Development-
  • Dassault Falcon 50

Anyone have any more info?

Matt John

No info here, but great news. I have source material for this plane busting out the closet, if needed I'm more than willing to share!

Very nice. Increases the chances to get a complete Falcon, the other being somewhat "limited".

Hans

This is great news! Funny they already have previews on their Facebook page.

I think they've already made the decision to not include an FMS (because some of the sim-avionics guys never got back to them)...but will have Garmin unit integration.

DB

Looks excellent so far, but here comes a nit-pick! The 731 engines on the 50 don't have cookie cutter mixer nozzles on the exhaust, they are just straight pipe-cones.

This is great news! Funny they already have previews on their Facebook page.

I think they've already made the decision to not include an FMS (because some of the sim-avionics guys never got back to them)...but will have Garmin unit integration.

DB

Bummer. Is there any real world Faclcon 50 out there with a GTN avionics retrofit?

I thought F50s are usually upgraded with a Collins Proline 21.

Dave P. Woycek

Bummer. Is there any real world Faclcon 50 out there with a GTN avionics retrofit?

I thought F50s are usually upgraded with a Collins Proline 21.

It looks like SN 8 has a retrofit:

• Dual Garmin GTN 750 – 6 in. display w/ Integrated GPS/NAV/COMM/LOC/Glideslope/MFD/WAAS LPV certified display charts, traffic,

weather, terrain mapping, & graphical flight planning (New 2-14) 

http://www.southaire.com/1980-falcon-50-sn-8-n550ce.pdf

DB

I find that very disappointing if accurate. The Lear35A already has the Garmin GTN750 integration, so I was looking forward to  'the next step' and a different IFR navigation/flying experience with the Falcon 50 -- I just don't need more of the same.  I would expect that just about every Falcon 50 class of aircraft flying today has VNAV capability.

Al

On 6/24/2016 at 5:41 AM, OneWhoKnocks53 said:

No info here, but great news. I have source material for this plane busting out the closet, if needed I'm more than willing to share!

Do you have custom images of the VC? I already have all the ones from the internet.

11 hours ago, Flysimware said:

Do you have custom images of the VC? I already have all the ones from the internet.

I don't see the 50 at KHPN as much as I used to, but next time it is in town I'll get as many cockpit shots as possible.

Getting more and more excited with every hint they drop. Anyone catch the misspelling of Flysimware on the Airdailyx website? Must be the English teacher in me....

:-)

14 hours ago, rightseat said:

Anyone catch the misspelling of Flysimware on the Airdailyx website?

There are minor errors on FlightSimWare's WIP page, too: Dessault -> Dassault, ambient exclusion -> ambient occlusion, so it is only fair :)

• Upvote 1

Is the 50 even stage III compliant?