Sign in to follow this  
jakronym

dings after takeoff

sometimes when im flying i hear a dinging sound right after the plane lifts off of the runway (like what you would hear when the fasten seat belt  light is turned on). What is this?

sometimes when im flying i hear a dinging sound right after the plane lifts off of the runway (like what you would hear when the fasten seat belt  light is turned on). What is this?

what sim? what aircraft?

example. in xplane flightfactor 757 or 767 if you depart without playing the safety message to passengers you immediately receive a "ding" call via the intercom from the cabin crew to let you know!

Manuel Merelles

sometimes when im flying i hear a dinging sound right after the plane lifts off of the runway (like what you would hear when the fasten seat belt light is turned on). What is this?

Hard to diagnose if you don't say what aircraft or even what sim your flying.

My guess of the top of my head would be the dings FSUIPC puts off if your close to having an OOM since most aircraft don't making any sounds like that, unless of courses it's the ding when you pass through 10000 feet.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

you are listening to the ding coming from the no smoking sign . depending on where it was left on or off ..

just to set a example if is left on the AUTO pos the light  goes off soon as the  gear comes up . 

with the seat belts sign works about the same way if they were left in AUTO the Fasten Seat Belt sign would extinguish as soon as the flaps were all up .. however this can vary sometimes the AUTO pos can be configured a bit different but all in all the results are the same and you still get a ding ....thats about the best way i can explain why you can hear the "ding" 

hope that helps ...

Image removed as image is no longer available.

You were on an airbus. With the 'no smoking' sign set to auto, a low chime sounds when the landing gear is selected up or down because the 'exit' signs by the doors are tied to that switch setting and will extinguish or illuminate with landing gear position. The actual no smoking sign is illuminated in both auto and on positions and the chime you hear is not because the no smoking sign is changing upon takeoff.

Isn't this the sound to alert the cabin crew that they're safe to leave their seats?

Best regards,

Neal McCullough

Each company will have their own procedures for that and it does usually involve some form of ding or ding donging, but the original question was about a ding that you would hear in the cabin right after liftoff or as the gear extends on landing. Which is specific to airbuses because the illuminated 'exit' signs in the cabin chime on or off when the landing gear goes up or down.

I was a flight attendant on a 737 800 for over a year and the first ding on that aircraft and specific airline was to tell the cabin crew it's safe to release from the jump seats

You're lost in FS world.

This morning your partner went to work without a door key.

It's your front doorbell.

D

• Upvote 1

You're lost in FS world.

This morning your partner went to work without a door key.

It's your front doorbell.

D

LOL !