Hello

I used to run P3D with a 2Gb 650ti, got a more powerful card now.

I don't know about the AMD, but a GTX750ti will work well as long as you keep your sliders in mid range settings.

Hello

I used to run P3D with a 2Gb 650ti, got a more powerful card now.

I don't know about the AMD, but a GTX750ti will work well as long as you keep your sliders in mid range settings.

Hey Kab, thanks for the quick reply!

How were your frames! I don't need a god-looking P3D, just something nice and simple. I'd like a smooth 30 FPS sim if possible.

Cheers

Grant

Hello
My Frame Rates have always been set to 24-25 on all sims, Good Enough for Me, even with the new card 980ti SC (It lets me move sliders to the right)

Can You get >=30 FPS? Yes, but it will ultimately depend on what settings you apply for Scenery, Graphics, Traffic, Textures, etc, the other mayor factors will be aircraft, addons and flying area.

Keep in mind that even the stock KSEA at high/max settings with the Trike can bring a 980ti or a Titan to its knees. (Not counting the processor)

If I may advise. Spend an afternoon setting P3D to your liking. (Trail & Error)

Remember that ORBX needs some specific settings to be set manually.
(Read the Global manual. 5m mesh resolution is mandatory!)

If you have access to the ORBX forums, seek Filou's P3D settings and use his as a template, then move your sliders up or down.
or
Start in an area you like to fly, set low settings and work your way up.

No fancy plane, traffic at 0%, just the Trike (From FSX) or Stock Maule, Bonanza, no ASN, etc

Move sliders one by one, see what each does to your setup.

Once satisfied save your settings, add ASN and other addons to the mix, see how it goes.

Tweak ASN, FTX Vector and correct sliders if necessary.
Lastly add some traffic if you want. (mine are set at 34%)

You can do the same with scenery, enable / disable airports or areas.

If an area is too heavy I disable or remove it  permanently. (Life is too short). ORBX KFHR Friday Harbor comes to mind so I land in KORS Orcas.

Save the profile with the settings you like and experiment with other settings.

Rinse and Repeat,

Cheers.

Ramón