Sign in to follow this  
WebMaximus

TrackIR5 not working in P3D

I was forced to wipe my PC and now with a fresh installation of the latest P3D my TIR5 doesn't recognize P3D running.

Anyone else experienced this?

Richard Åsberg

Did you remember to update the game definitions in the TrackIR software?

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

Yep, I sure did and also I'm running both P3D as well as TIR as admin and I have all the recommended versions of SimConnect installed.

Richard Åsberg

Do you use the latest drivers for TrackIR? https://naturalpoint.com/trackir/downloads/

If you use EZDOK, remember to rename Simconnect.manifest and SimconnectSP2.manifest.

I use P3D 3.3.5 and can say that TrackIR works as before.

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

Yes, I'm using the drivers that come with version 5.4.2.27545 and I don't use EZDOK or any other software that would interfere with TIR. This is a clean installation and up to this point the only things installed are P3D, the NGX and FSUIPC.

I've tried uninstalling the TIR hardware followed by the x64 drivers as well as the TIR software and I then unplugged my TIR device and restarted my PC. After that I manually removed any traces of TIR both from my file system as well as from the registry. Then I rebooted my PC again and after that I reinstalled the latest version of the TIR software still with the TIR device unplugged and once the drivers and software were both installed again I reconnected the TIR device.

However I'm pretty sure this is not a connection problem of any kind since the TIR device is working just fine. It's only in P3D it doesn't work and only the leftmost green LED comes on rather than both the left and the right LED which normally would let you know an enhanced game title has been recognized.

I read over in NaturalPoint's support forum about some guys who solved the problem by renaming Prepar3D.exe to P3D.exe and claimed that fixed the problem but then some other guys said that still didn't fix the problem for some of them so I don't know really. I'm not very tempted to start messing around by renaming stock LM files and especially not after just having performed a clean installation of my PC. I do intend to keep it as clean as possible like I always try to.

Right now I really don't have a clue how to solve this problem so until I hear back from NP's support team because I also created a ticket I guess I'll just have to give myself a chance to remember what it's like to fly without TIR...

Richard Åsberg

Have you tried starting up TrackIR first and then P3D? I used to start P3D first, but after install P3DV3 I could not get TrackIR to recognize P3D, untill I accidentally changed the order, and then it worked! Hope it does for you to.

1. Make sure you have the latest Track IR software version installed or (if frustrated, determined or vengeful :) ) reinstall if you wish.

2. Make sure the unit is plugged in and proper selections made.

3. Run, as administrator all the simconnect variants found in your Prepared 3D 3.3.5 (or whatever) / Redist file.

4. Restart computer.

5. Start Track IR as administrator and set up accordingly.

6. Run P3D 3.35 ( or whatever) as administrator.

7. Make sure you stick your head with device nailed, glued or otherwise attached in front of Track IR camera.

8. Enjoy!

9. (optional) If it all works, send me a new 1080 GTX in profound gratitude! :) 

This should work every time.

When you have TIR running with it's display showing and you then start P3d - does the TIR screen disappear? I would assume not, since it only does that when it connects to P3D. Now, leaving P3D running, what happens if you manually try to shut down TIR? Does it hang or close.

I ask because I get this happening on occasion. 

If it hangs and you can't close it - open task manager and delete the TIR process. Then restart TIR and as soon as the dialog appears, shut it down - you should get the closing clients message - now restart TIR. - see if that works

Second scenario - TIR connects but noting moves - strangely enough I've found that blocking the sensors on and off seems to shake it up and it starts to work.

Worth a try.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Finally found the culprit being me starting P3D as admin. Before this I've tried running TIR both as admin and not but I never tried to not run P3D as admin and apparently this was causing the issue.

Really strange though since I always had P3D running as admin in the past without any issues with TIR.

Oh well, honestly I don't even recall why I was always running P3D as admin but guess it was a recommendation/requirement I read somewhere or was told.

Forgot to say thanks for trying to help me out guys :drinks:

Richard Åsberg

Finally found the culprit being me starting P3D as admin. Before this I've tried running TIR both as admin and not but I never tried to not run P3D as admin and apparently this was causing the issue.

Running P3D as Admin caused the problem?? o.O  That's weird. 

• Like 1

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Yep, couldn't agree more.

Richard Åsberg

Yep, I had the same problem a while back with Prepar3D and TrackIR. Sure enough the solution was a simple at just "Run As Administrator". Glad that the fix was that easy.

Strange indeed, but happy that it works now for you

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

Just checked my installation: I run both TrackIR (v5.4.1) and Prepar3d.exe as Administrator.

Regards,

Chris

--

Just checked my installation: I run both TrackIR (v5.4.1) and Prepar3d.exe as Administrator.

Yeah, that's how I used to have it as well until I had to wipe my PC and do a clean reinstall.

Very strange how it's not working running as admin since it's usually the other way around.

Richard Åsberg