Sign in to follow this  
Anderscn

What Skylake MB´s are you using?

These worked perfectly for me:

G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3200 (PC4 25600) Intel Z170 Platform / Intel X99 Platform Desktop Memory Model F4-3200C16Q-32GTZB

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231930

20-231-930-TS_zps2l3mgw2h.jpg

• Upvote 1

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

I've just upgraded my system, was offered a stupidly cheap deal on a 6700k setup.

Gone with the 6700k, 16gb Corsair 3200mhz LPX, and the Gigabyte Gaming K3 board.

Installed a fresh windows 10, and have what seems to be a stable overclock to 4.6ghz.  Just loaded P3D and had a quick blast in the F22.  Will try and get all my addons installed over the weekend and report back.

P3D v4.5 MSFS2020 Hisense 50" 4K TV

Ryzen 5800X, 32gb DDR 3600mhz, MSI B550 PRO VDH WiFi, MSI 6900XT Z Trio, Gammaxx L360, 1TB NVMe Boot/FS2020 Drive, 1TB NVMe P3D Drive, 1Tb Crucial SSD Storage Drive, Saitek Yoke, Pedals, Radio Panel, Switch Panel, 2 x FiPs

UKV6427

You are wise your padawan... the force is strong in this one.

LOL!

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

The Sabertooth Mark 1 is failing to boot on cold in the morning. Doesnt save the xmp settings and i need to press the memtest button.

Second z170 board that is giving me problems. The first one bein an ASUS z170 pro gaming.

I will change the psu, and ultimately try another sabertooth if needed.

If it still doesnt work properly im giving up on skylake all together and waiting for the next platform whcih hopefully will be more stable.

This hardware is a POS

I take it you have done the obvious and installed the latest BIOS?

There's nothing wrong with the platform. It's not unusuall for new platforms to require a number of BIOS updates. Any new platform you tried would likely be the same.

Asrock Z-170 K-6 worked first time out of the box for me.   You have some seriously bad luck in MB's there.

I9 12900K @5.2Ghz  64 GB DDR4, RTX 4090, Win 11 Pro, 15 TB on 5 SSD's

Not all motherboards support all RAM, you need make sure the motherboard supports the RAM you have. Most manufacturers list the supported RAM on their support pages.

I made the mistake of not checking compatibility before buying, and now my computer doesn't POST if I try to run my RAM on the XMP settings, I have to run it a bit slower.

It's my own fault for not checking compatibility first though. I will probably buy a new motherboard (probably ASRock Z170 Extreme6, which is one of few motherboards that support the RAM I have).

Kay Morten Magelie no.png

Installed all my orbx scenery, ASN, Aerosoft Airbus Bundle, Aerosoft Twin Otter, Majestic Q400 etc and cranked up the settings to almost full on everything.

Stayed locked at 30fps, not a stutter, microstutter, anything.  Was smooth as silk.  Can't beleive the difference a 6700k with 1070 makes compared to a 4790k with 970.  Well happy

P3D v4.5 MSFS2020 Hisense 50" 4K TV

Ryzen 5800X, 32gb DDR 3600mhz, MSI B550 PRO VDH WiFi, MSI 6900XT Z Trio, Gammaxx L360, 1TB NVMe Boot/FS2020 Drive, 1TB NVMe P3D Drive, 1Tb Crucial SSD Storage Drive, Saitek Yoke, Pedals, Radio Panel, Switch Panel, 2 x FiPs

UKV6427

Made sure the ram is qvl, im chaning the ram but im pretty sure its the mobo.

The PSU is obviously not the issue as i suspected and im googling Z170 cold boot problems and there is definitely a trend so not what you are saying Harold.

It's partially why I chose the motherboard I did. I sorted the Newegg query by number of good reviews from customers, and choose among the products with near perfect customer satisfaction.

Devons rig

I know, but this sabertooth has decent rating.

In fact i tried doing what you did but very few z 170 motherboards in newegg have a decent enough rating. And the one sthat have have too few reviews

If it boot when you hit the " Mem OK " button Its memrelated .

What it do is auto adjust the mems to safe settings.

What type of mems do you have?

Have you tried forgetting XMP and entering the timings manually?

I would fully agree with Westman, certainly sounds like a RAM issue.

As Hasse said... what's the make and full spec of your RAM