Sign in to follow this  
planenut

P3d Regrets

No regrets whatsoever.

FS is one of my dearest hobbies.

In fact I have invested more money for P3D in 6 months than I did for FSX in the last 4 years.

FSX is now pasturing, along with some non compatible addons and my dear older PMDG planes.

I have a sneaking suspicion, that once REX launches it's new Sky Force 3D, there won't be anything to touch P3D v3! Except maybe P3D v4 :wink:

• Upvote 2

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

I went to P3D at version 2.4, and haven't looked back.

I didn't have the slightest issue with having to re-purchase the PMDG NGX and 777,

as in my opinion P3D is that good, has a future, and easily eclipses FSX

My VA which has a very large number of members, keeps statistics on Sim versions on a monthly basis. Every month now, P3D is gaining in members using it, and at the same time FSX numbers are dropping. FSX is still way ahead, but P3D is attracting many of our members now. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Prepar3D Regrets ?  Ah I've had a few, But to be honest, too few to mention really.  I did what I had to do and saw it through and soldiered on with little or even no exemption.
I planned each Install course and followed each careful Tutorial step along the Avsim byway,  Actually you see i ended up doing it my way. 
Yes, i guess , there were times, I'm sure yous know all about it, When you bite off more than you could chew (PMDG)  But through it all, even though i doubted myself,  I faced it all and I stood tallish (5 foot 2) 
You know me, i like to do it my way. Ive been very happy with Prepar3D,  I've loved, I've laughed and even cried with happyness, Don't get me wrong i've had my fill of reinstalls and my share of losing, 
To think I did all that,  And may I say - not in a shy way (I talk a lot)............  
"Oh no, oh no not me, 
I did it myyyyyyy waaaaaay   

=========================

No regrets at all with Prepar3D,  Having a ball with it. Just take your time it.   Like any serious hobby it can be expensive but well worth it,  Take Golf for example that's not cheap, its also a good walk ruined though  :smile: 

So, on that intellectual high note,  What does Golf and Marriage have in common....? Both has the high potential to lose your balls  :Pig:  

• Upvote 3

No regrets buying P3D v3.2 and putting FSX-SE aside (I only use the latter for testing purposes).

Here is my personal pro & con list for P3D vs. FSX:

Pro P3D / Contra FSX:

- No autogen popping, while the autogen density is constantly high over the entire rendering radius.

- Beautiful cockpit shadows (even better looking IMO than with DX10 in FSX)

- Improved VAS management

- Cloud shadows, in conjunction with Realism Shader Pack realistic rendering of the atmosphere

- HDR settings allow me to adjust the lighting during day and night in a realistic fashion, while FSX (where nights are too bright) does not offer this option.

- More consistent FPS during the entire flight regime, fewer microstutters.

Pro FSX / Contra P3D:

- Stellar cloud performance

- Higher initial FPS (but lower FPS on approach, and it is even worse in DX10 on my system)

- Possible to adjust graphics and scenery library settings before starting a flight.

• Upvote 1

Wow!  Looks like P3d gets a big thumbs up from about everybody.  A couple of more questions though.  Is there any conflict in having FSX and P3d on the same hard drive?   Also, should I get the latest version or is one version better than the other?

Thanks for all the replys.

Jim

No problem having both on the same system. Get the latest 3.3.5 version.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Yes you can run  it on the same HD with zero problem. Just get the latest version of P3D (v3.3.5) and have fun with it. 

Philipp Schwaegerl

Another question.  I use FSUIPC for all my calibrations and button assignments in FSX.    What is used in P3d since I'm assuming that FSUIPC doesn't work in it.

Jim

No reason why you can't run both? It's not like you HAVE to move to P3D and forget all about FSX. You can easily run both on the same machine without any problems.

Another question.  I use FSUIPC for all my calibrations and button assignments in FSX.    What is used in P3d since I'm assuming that FSUIPC doesn't work in it.

Jim

It works with P3D as well. 

Best regards,

Neal McCullough

No regrets at all - I am thrilled.  But I came from an FS9.1 system that was tweaked out years ago.  P3D is like a breath of fresh air.  It will tax your system if you want all the bells and whistles.  Good luck.

Ron

Quit askin' questions and "Git 'er dun"! :Tounge:  

(you know you want to)

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit