Sign in to follow this  
YukonPete

Anyone using a VIZIO 50" 4K UHD LED Smart TV (D50u-D1)

LOL... overkillllllll :smile:

What's overkill?  Information?  4:4:4 chroma?  

If the former, I find that ironic, given the nature of the product your company sells and the requirement that your users process large amounts of information to configure and use said product properly.

If the latter, I can show you plenty of pictures users have taken of their 4k TVs demonstrating visual anomalies which are the direct result of lack of 4:4:4 chroma support.

If you think 4:4:4 chroma support is something only found on high-end TVs, you're mistaken.  Vizio's 2016 E series supports it and starts @ $500 for the 43" model.  Samsung's 2016 KU6300 lineup starts @ $550 for the 40" version.  

I am in Canada so the link I shared is in Canadian Dollars :)

Sorry ...I missed that.

Sheldon "Bill" Williams

What's overkill?  Information?  4:4:4 chroma?  

If the former, I find that ironic, given the nature of the product your company sells and the requirement that your users process large amounts of information to configure and use said product properly.

If the latter, I can show you plenty of pictures users have taken of their 4k TVs demonstrating visual anomalies which are the direct result of lack of 4:4:4 chroma support.

If you think 4:4:4 chroma support is something only found on high-end TVs, you're mistaken.  Vizio's 2016 E series supports it and starts @ $500 for the 43" model.  Samsung's 2016 KU6300 lineup starts @ $550 for the 40" version.  

No... overkill as in TMI for me... I really try not to overthink things and that pile of information would lead to just that.  I'm a user as well... not just a developer.  Please remember that.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

No... overkill as in TMI for me... I really try not to overthink things and that pile of information would lead to just that.  I'm a user as well... not just a developer.  Please remember that.

Alright, sorry if I came off too harsh.  

Did you look at the summary table down the page?  Lots of critical information including support for 4k 60Hz, 4:4:4 chroma, and both input lag and response time values in ms.  

Sure, I read it... but see... I purchased the 43" so it was a larger screen 2 feet in front of my growing older eyes.  I spend a ton of time reading text and typing.  Not so much in games.  Like I said... overkill :smile:

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Sure and they're clear as clear can be... 

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Well I just ordered this TV from Amazon.ca  $700 CDN. I will report back once I try it with P3D and XP10.

It gets a 9.1 out of 10 score for gaming!  http://ca.rtings.com/tv/reviews/vizio/d-series-4k-2016

Pete Richards

Aussie born, Sydney (YSSY) living in Whitehorse, Yukon (CYXY)

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

The TV just arrived. I we'll post my thoughts after I've had the weekend to test P3D and XP on it.

Pete Richards

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

You might be reading this info before you buy it too:

https://www.engadget.com/2016/06/30/sony-adds-cheaper-4k-tvs-to-its-lineup/

Out of my budget! Price was a major factor for me. As well as response time and overall value for money

Pete Richards

TV is better then I expected. Runs P3Dv3 and XP10 great. In fact I don't really see a drop in FPS going from 1080P to 4K. Ive always locked my frames at 30 and I hold 30 at an Orbx airport with Orbx scenery in a PMDG bird in 4K. Everything is just as smooth in P3D & XP so well worth the investment :) I find the Computer mode works better then the Gaming mode on the TV.

I came from a 27" Samsung S27D590 1080P monitor.

My RIG,

two GTX 970's in SLI

Win 10 Pro

i7 4820K@3.7 Ghz over clocked to 4.3 Ghz

16GB Ram

Pete Richards