Sign in to follow this  
nikoslive

Upgrade advice is needed >> P3D

Hello people,

I am really looking for an honest advice in regards to my upcoming upgrade for p3d

As money is not an issue I would like to know whats the best path to follow

At the moment I am owing

GPU: GTX 1080 founders edition

CPU: 4770K OC to 4.3

RAM: DDR3 16GB at 2400Mhz

Mobo: Gigabyte z87 UDX7th

I am thinking of the following upgrade plan:

1. X99+6900K

OR

2, Z170+6700K

I really need to know whether the 8cores of the 6900k will make a difference in the gaming experience of p3d?

Thanks in advance :)

Why don't you try P3D with your current setup before wondering if you need to upgraded further? By the way your current rig will run P3D very well!

Pete Richards

Aussie born, Sydney (YSSY) living in Whitehorse, Yukon (CYXY)

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

I am already playing p3d with my current setup but the performance is awful when loaded with 3rd party addons like asn orbx etc...

I am already playing p3d with my current setup but the performance is awful when loaded with 3rd party addons like asn orbx etc...

Well... "awful" is a strong word!

Frankly I suggest that you think about your settings in P3D since your computer is as good as it gets!

I doubt that either of your suggestet upgrades will make a noticable improvement.

But if you suffer to hard please let me know. I have a i7 2600k and GTX 780 that run P3D fairly well to trade against your i7 4770K and GTX 1080 :wink:  

IXEG 737 Beta-Tester and First Officer

i7 6700K@4.4GHz, 32GB RAM, Palit GTX 1080 GameRock Premium@2Ghz, Oculus Rift S, ButtKicker
X-Plane 11 latedt version on a Samsung M.2 SSD for speedy loading times

My system specs are lower then yours and I get excellent performance from P3D using Orbx, PMDG etc.... Are my sliders all maxed out? No they are set mid to high. Have you been using P3D for long? Perhaps you hunt need to play with the settings?

Pete Richards

Aussie born, Sydney (YSSY) living in Whitehorse, Yukon (CYXY)

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.