Sign in to follow this  
Arthur42417

STEAM SUMMER Sale Starts in 10mins

Thanks to a healthy amount of websites predicting the launch of the sale, the Steam store is barely usable at the moment... it's worthwhile saving yourself the frustration and looking through it later tonight.

There's a few games that I've been waiting to buy on sale, but I also noted that X-Plane addons are 33% off. Will likely pick up a few Carenado releases that I had flown the wings off of in FSX in years past, and hadn't yet bought for XP. Oh, and X-Plane itself is 50% off. :smile:

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

FSX SE for US$7.49...

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

It was 2.50 cheaper last sale.

Inflation's a ######

ZORAN

I bought for X-Plane,  Manchester, Dublin  and London Airport.  Also picked up Hitman episode.  While i was buzzing from buying stuff i got the Airfoil labs c172 (love it)

Then treated myself to a Dell Ultrasharp 27 Inch monitor :smile:   Saving is not my strong point 

Saving is not my strong point

Sadly (or happily?) saving is not my strong point either. Not only did I pick up PANC and KPUW (which is wonderful, by the way), I also ended up with a wide selection of games ranging from GTA5 (the airplanes suckered me in) to Arma 3 (the airplanes suckered me in) to Dirt Rally (the airplanes old rally cars suckered me in) to a bunch of older and / or indie titles.

I probably should of refunded Arma 3 when I realized just how bad the airplanes and helicopters are. but the shooty bits ended up being rather enjoyable. Of the AAA titles I bought Dirt Rally shows the most promise. I was pretty blown away by how nice it looked and how quick it sucked me in.

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

I also ended up with a wide selection of games ranging from GTA5 (the airplanes suckered me in) to Arma 3 (the airplanes suckered me in) to Dirt Rally (the airplanes old rally cars suckered me in) to a bunch of older and / or indie titles.

Yes i to thought that Arma planes and choppers would be a great Idea, but No there terrible alright, I played a bit when they had a free weekend but i lost interest very quick.   GTA is pretty good,  very immersive when you get stuck in.  

I have Dirt Rally also, a cracking car sim, I picked up the G29 + gear shifter for this Game,  very good, well worth it   

Where did you pick these up? Cannot find it on Steam's sale.Thanks for the X-Plane heads-up, Elaine.

Elaine, as you are so very good at doing those flow-charts, why don't you do one for X-Plane? Just bought and installed, but have no idea how to even fly the default Cessna as my joystick controls are not set up as per say FSX-SE/P3D

Did anyone notice DTG is selling a combo of all their games combined for $23.00 ?

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/108961/

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Did anyone notice DTG is selling a combo of all their games combined for $23.00 ?

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/108961/

Nice, unless you already have some/many of them.

With many other bundles you only have to pay for the items you do not already have, but with this one, I just get this warning:

Dovetail Games Franchise Collection 2: According to our records, you already own one or more of the items included in this package on Steam.

If purchasing for yourself, you will not receive an extra copy of:
  • Train Simulator 2016
  • Train Simulator: Sherman Hill Route Add-On
  • Microsoft Flight Simulator X: Steam Edition

Nice, unless you already have some/many of them.

With many other bundles you only have to pay for the items you do not already have, but with this one, I just get this warning:

I'm partially in the same boat, but even then, the rest of it is still pretty nice for the price....

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Where did you pick these up? Cannot find it on Steam's sale.

Hey Rick,  Sorry for late reply.  These were Titles i picked up last year (Not on sale though) 

Elaine, as you are so very good at doing those flow-charts, why don't you do one for X-Plane? Just bought and installed, but have no idea how to even fly the default Cessna as my joystick controls are not set up as per say FSX-SE/P3D

Ha ha Rick,  I will do, deffo in the future,  for now though X-Plane is my Achilles heel   :smile: