Sign in to follow this  
hadecs

Moving from Macbook Pro to windows 10 gaming Laptop

Hi all,

i have been using XP 10.25 on Macbook Pro laptops (both are around 6 years old), i now intend to upgrade to a windows 10 gaming laptop.

Can I just transfer the files from the Macbook Pro, so that can start from a known point before installing latest updates

Thanks

Nick

Guest jlindbe

I'm also considering doing the same, moving from a Macbook to Windows laptop.  Curious as to performance differences.

Yes you can copy the files and run the latest updater from x-plane.com over that.

Why laptop? Building a custom PC from parts yourself, you get the best performance at lowest price.

Hi all,

i have been a flight simulator fan going back to the days of DOS 6.1 and building my own custom Pc's (always on cost budget).

Over the last few years I have used Laptops (no clutter etc) and using Macs for the last 6 years.

The current range of Macbooks I believe are not suitable gaming  and my other uses (no CD Drive)

The laptop I am considering:

MSI Apache Pro - GE62 2QF 15.6

Intel core i7 - 5700HQ

Memory 16GB

Graphics Nvidia GTX 970M

Storage 1 TB and 128 GB SSD

Nick

As Mike already told you you can do that, just remember to download the latest version of the installer and use it to do the upgrade (do not use the one on the dvd).

Our web site: http://ats-simulations.com/

Our MD-82/83 Project Youtube channel: A.T.S. Aircraft Training Solutions

Video development preview created by Thomas Rasmussen: Aircraft Training Solutions (A.T.S.) MD-82 for X-Plane 10 - Preview

I'm amazed that works, i.e copying over the entire X-Plane folder between Mac OS X and Windows and then running the updater. (Would make sense it works since it's only the binary executables that need to be changed). It's a neat trick