Sign in to follow this  
mikeymike

Refresh rate.

Hey guys

Sorry this is probably a stupid question.

I have my refresh rate set in nvidia control panel

Thou on my tv desktop it set at 60hz

But has the option 30hz interlaced

Do I enable that? To match in ncp?

Cheers

Mike

You can try this: If your monitor supports 30Hz refresh rate enable it within P3D set the frames to unlimited. The result should be smooth 30FPS. No NI setting is needed for this nor setting any target frame limit.

In my case, PC setup and of course my preferred flight style (mostly GA, military and helicopters) i get solid smooth 30 FPS.

Greetz

MJ

My youtube blog________________________Prepar3D v2.5/v3

youtubefooter.jpg

Yeah, it acts as a kind of frame limiter.  I've tried it at both 30 and 60.  Seems to be a tad smoother setting 30, especially when away from dense airports.  Nothing I would worry about much, though. 

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Hey guys thanks for the replies

Now not quite sure if my monitor supports 30hz

In ncp it shows 30hz and once enabled monitor shows 30hz interlaced

If not enabled in ncp ,monitor shows 29 60

Confused

Cheers

Mike

Can anybody help with this issue its driving me nuts

I fire up PC

Open ncp using latest driver

I click on refresh rate

Native 1080p

I get the option 60, 59 29,24

And then when I restart the 29 and 24 is missing

So I restart and its there so I click on 29 hz

And I get green pixels flashing sometimes

And so I revert to 60 and flashing green pixels happen again

I then restart pc

Leave it on 60 and its fine

I going bananas trying to figure this out

I don't think it's a drier issue as I I've tested others

And not GPUs issue as I have tested both my titans sc with gpu

Mem test

And heaven with no issues

Any advise is appreciated

Cheers

Mike

You can try this: If your monitor supports 30Hz refresh rate enable it within P3D set the frames to unlimited. The result should be smooth 30FPS. No NI setting is needed for this nor setting any target frame limit.

I don't see how this is going to happen without Vsync being on.

Or am I missing something?

gb.

I have my refresh rate set in nvidia control panel

Thou on my tv desktop it set at 60hz

But has the option 30hz interlaced

Do I enable that? To match in ncp?

Cheers

Mike

If there is no 30Hz progress (1080p) option on that TV

I would not bother. It will look pretty bad running interlaced, even if you get it working.

gb.

I don't think it's a drier issue as I I've tested others

And not GPUs issue as I have tested both my titans sc with gpu

Are you running these in SLI?

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

Why you want to adjust your monitor refresh rate anyway? Leave it on 60Hz, that's fine. The only thing you have to bother is to either internally or externally limit the frames per second within your simulator. The reason, why people suggest 30FPS is because like this, each frame will be displayed twice by your monitor (when running it at 60Hz) without tearing. Reducing your monitor refresh rate to 30Hz will ruin your eyes, it is hardly bearably to look on a screen with only 30Hz...

• Upvote 3

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

HI guys thanks for replies

I have been using 30hz previously with am 116 and using process lasso

And has been really smooth and fluid

But recently this has started to happen with ncp and refresh rate options randomly appearing and disappearing

Why you want to adjust your monitor refresh rate anyway? Leave it on 60Hz, that's fine. The only thing you have to bother is to either internally or externally limit the frames per second within your simulator. The reason, why people suggest 30FPS is because like this, each frame will be displayed twice by your monitor (when running it at 60Hz) without tearing. Reducing your monitor refresh rate to 30Hz will ruin your eyes, it is hardly bearably to look on a screen with only 30Hz...

Hi

I have tried 60 hz and setting 30fps in p3d vsync off and tripple buffer off

Thou I get small stutters

Not as fluid as 30hz vsync tripple buffer on and unlimited fps

gb.

If there is no 30Hz progress (1080p) option on that TV

I would not bother. It will look pretty bad running interlaced, even if you get it working.

Hmm interesting about the interlaced that's what's probably causing my green dots on screen randomly

gb.

Are you running these in SLI?

Yes in sli

gb.

But recently this has started to happen with ncp and refresh rate options randomly appearing and disappearing

Maybe there is a problem with the TV itself.

Can you try another TV/monitor?

Also try a different HDMI (?) cable.

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

Hi

I have tried 60 hz and setting 30fps in p3d vsync off and tripple buffer off

Thou I get small stutters

Not as fluid as 30hz vsync tripple buffer on and unlimited fps

It is technically impossible that you get stutters because of the refresh rate of your monitor. So, in your case, you should get the same results when using 60Hz and instead of using "vsync on" alone, you have to use it with the additional option (in nVidia Inspector) "1/2 refresh rate". This will result in the EXACT SAME regarding driver and framelimit as using "vsync on" on a 30Hz setup.

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

Mickeyj, on 25 Jun 2016 - 03:25 AM, said:

gb.

+1

Jeff

Jeff Smith

System: i9-9900K@5.0GHz., ASUS Maximus XI Hero MB, 32 GB 3200 Hyper-X RAM, Corsair HX1000i PSU, Cooler Master ML360R RGB, EVGA RTX 3080Ti FTW3, (2) Samsung 860 500GB SSD for Windows 10 Pro and sim, (2) M.2 NVMe 2TB, (2) WD Black 4TB HD for data, Samsung 65" 4K curved monitor @ 30Hz. (Currently running VSync, TB , Unlimited),YOKO+ yoke, VF TQ6+,TPR pedals, Logitech Multi, Switch, and Radio Panels

Software:  P3Dv4.5HF3 Pro, Ultimate Traffic Live, ASP3D, ASCA, ORBX, Fly Tampa, GSX/GSX2, PMDG, A2A, Just Flight, Milviz, Carenado, Majestic.

On other computer: P3D v3.2.3, My Traffic 6.0a, PMDG, ORBX, A2A, Captain Sim , iFly, Flight 1, Flysimware, Just Flight, Milviz, Carenado

So i should keep my refresh rate at 60hz??

With what settings in ncp or nvi and p3d??

Cheers

Mike

Unlike FSX/SE in P3Dv3 the refresh rate of your monitor puts a cap on the max number of frames per second produced by P3D engine. So if your monitor supports 30MHz refresh P3D can churn out 30FPS at max depending on your hardware. When you set a fixed number of frames in P3D it makes P3D engine to add some overhead to each frame generated which is eventually more stress on your hardware compared to Unlimited/30MHz monitor setting (not external limiter!) Rob and Steve may want to pick it up from here and correct me. Thats what I understood from their thfeads on the subject. Thx