Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

ORBX Global Airports Scenery Library tip....

You should place Orbx Global Airports below all your FX airports, and if you have Yosemite installed, place it right after that entry.  When it is in that position, you won't have any conflicts (elevation...craters, other anomalies ....for if you have a custom airport that is also included in the Global North America, or Europe, the custom paid-for, will take precedence in loading, and the Global airport will never conflict to cause visual problems.

P.S., this should also be done in any of your P3D installations as well.

Tip out...

Even better idea is to completely remove or disable any of the AFCADS that come with ORBX Global Airporta that coincide with the matching payware airports.

Regardless of their scenery position being below the payware version, FSX and P3D have had a history of not respecting scenery layer priority very well when it comes with multiple AFCADS for the same airport.

Same can be said for people who run MTX and have had the AFCADS that MTX installs causing conflicts with payware equivalents.

If you want to be 100% sure that you won't have an issue between a payware airport and a freeware AFCAD being installed at the same time, take the extra few moments to remove or disable the free AFCAD and don't leave it to chance.

Tip out....

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Good advice.  I think I may have run across this earlier with the ORBX Palm Springs airport.  Will have to try this and report the results.

Even better idea is to completely remove or disable any of the AFCADS that come with ORBX Global Airporta that coincide with the matching payware airports.

How is the best way to go about doing this?

How is the best way to go about doing this?

You can scan for duplicate AFCADS using the freeware AFCAD scanner from Scruffyduck or manually do a search.

If you're going to search manually then you'll need to write down the ICAO codes for all your Addon airports then search the MTX and Global Airports folder for matching ICAO codes and rename the AFCAD .bgls to .off or .bak, treat way you can easily restore them if you need to by changing them back to .bgl.

It's much easier just to use the freeware AFCAD scanner since it will find duplicates and give you their location in a few minutes.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

You should place Orbx Global Airports below all your FX airports, and if you have Yosemite installed, place it right after that entry.  When it is in that position, you won't have any conflicts (elevation...craters, other anomalies ....for if you have a custom airport that is also included in the Global North America, or Europe, the custom paid-for, will take precedence in loading, and the Global airport will never conflict to cause visual problems.

P.S., this should also be done in any of your P3D installations as well.

Tip out...

It shouldn't be necessary to manually adjust the sequence of Orbx airports at all, since the installers place them in alphabetical order.  Leave the order alone.  If you do start switching stuff around, the next time you run FTX Central (for whatever reason) the order will revert to what it is supposed to be.  As usual, 3rd party airports should always be placed above all FTX entries.  FTX Central doesn't bother with those, only with the FTX airports.  This has been my experience, at any rate, and it is backed up by the Orbx devs I have discussed this with.

Stew

"Different dog, different fleas"

I removed the entry for ORBX\FTX_VECTOR\FTX_VECTOR_APT in my scenery.cfg. I have no use for this...

IT creates more problem for me than it solves. I only fly out of and land in airpoirts with addons..anyway.

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter