Sign in to follow this  
Paraffin

Steam Summer Sale for X-Plane

A heads-up for those who bought X-Plane on Steam -- it looks like most (all?) of the Carenado planes are on sale for 33% off during the summer sale. Some (all?) of the Aerosoft airports are also discounted. 

X-Plane Global 64-bit on Steam is 50% off at $29.99 during the sale, although note that Steam versions don't have access to beta versions. 

• Upvote 1

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

A heads-up for those who bought X-Plane on Steam -- it looks like most (all?) of the Carenado planes are on sale for 33% off during the summer sale. Some (all?) of the Aerosoft airports are also discounted. 

X-Plane Global 64-bit on Steam is 50% off at $29.99 during the sale, although note that Steam versions don't have access to beta versions.

You need to opt-in for betas on steam...

You need to opt-in for betas on steam...

Nope.  Not for the XP beta releases, they simply aren't released for Steam.  You can opt in for the Release Candidates once they become available, however.

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

Beta's are hardly usable. It's better to have a second demo download from x-plane.com anyway to not ruin your current xp. Never save anything in beta/rc like planemaker etc.

I picked up Moscow-Pullman last night and wow.... what a nicely done little airport and region. Really great quality and it'll give me a good reason to explore the area.  I wish more of these little regional airports would come out, I'd certainly pay for them.

Also picked up PANC last night as well, but didn't have as much of a chance to check it out. Seems to put a bit of a heavy load onto the system, but perhaps I might need to turn down a few settings a bit for the area. I was wanting another airport to fly bigger and faster aircraft to out of PAJN so this will fit the bill.

Almost bought a few Carenado aircraft too, but then I thought to check my account history at the org... good thing I checked, since it seems I had bought a bunch of them (including everything I was considering last night) one of the last times the org had a sale. I'd forgotten all about them!

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

I picked up Moscow-Pullman last night

Is this only available for the Steam version?

Edit: Ignore, I see it's an Aerosoft product on their store

Nope.  Not for the XP beta releases, they simply aren't released for Steam.  You can opt in for the Release Candidates once they become available, however.

Given the latest beta releases, that's probably the smartest choice...

Might just wait. Isn't X-Plane 11 just around the corner?

No, I don't think so. I think 2 years at least before we see 11.00b1, and for a while after 11's release, people will continue to use 10

No, I don't think so. I think 2 years at least before we see 11.00b1, and for a while after 11's release, people will continue to use 10

I'd be surprised if it's 2 years or more before v11. I say between 6 or 18 months.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

Curious, has anybody bought the Steam version that has the disc version?  I don't even have a DVD drive in my new build, would be awfully convenient not to have to drag out an external drive just for X-Plane.... thus far I've just copied my folder to the new machine and "mount" the disc image in Windows.  Works fine, just annoying when I forget to mount the image and I get stuck in demo mode.

Sure would be easier to just click install in Steam  :smile:

Wasn't sure if other than losing Beta access there were other negatives.  Thanks

I don't even have a DVD drive in my new build, would be awfully convenient not to have to drag out an external drive just for X-Plane

Since 10.50, my disk version seems to activate online (It did once without the disk in the drive and worked). Hope they keep this up