Sign in to follow this  
swiesma

"Addon" for Aerosoft Airbus X

Hey guys,

sorry, I know this may not be the right subforum.

But as there is no Aerosoft forum.....

I'd like to point your eyes to a thread in the Aerosoft forum.

Emanuel created a nice texture pack for the Bus!

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/files/file/4003-airbus-a320-a321-2048px-hd-virtual-cockpit/

I already installed it and it is really good. I saw it "by accident" looking for a Swiss livery.

I hope you guys enjoy it. Emanuel gives it away for free but asks for a little donation.

The hard work should be honored.

Best regards,

Stefan

• Upvote 2

Really nice work, resolution wise. :smile:

...although personally I wish he'd darkened the panels too, as they still look a little washed out, colour-wise, to me.

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

Looks like they re-worked a previous incarnation of the HD texturing, which had a similar issue with lighting, whereby at night, when you wanted to turn on the panel lights, the overheads came on as well, completely lighting up the flightdeck.  I may have to give this one a try.

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

Not trying to be rude but without before and after shots, I can't really see any difference? I thought the Airbus X looked fantastic inside 'out of the box'.

Not trying to be rude but without before and after shots, I can't really see any difference? I thought the Airbus X looked fantastic inside 'out of the box'.

I guess some folks weren't happy with the resolution of the panels when you zoomed in on the dust. :D

Jokes aside, I'd agree with you that out of the box, the texturing is done well.  I've used a previous version of the textures and I can say where the difference is seen is at night, when the nightlighting is activated.  Problem with that is that you get all of the lights on, which I never understood why Aerosoft didn't opt to separate out the light functionality, aside from the Airbus Config function of choosing day and night.

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

They do look nice but 100-150MB of VAS is worth fighting for.  LOL.  I'd never make it in to KSFO.

• Upvote 1

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

I am playing on 4K and the difference is HUGE.

Well, noone needs to install it. I think it is a great addon which comes basically for free.

• Upvote 1

This thread is from last year, but be it as it may, Emmanuel did state in a recent post, that he's still moving forward with even higher res textures.

Yeah true, he's been at it for a while now to be fair, but yeah, he's still planning on releasing at some point. 

Best regards,

Neal McCullough