Black Marble - Worldwide Road netwrok and Lighting System

Looking great Chris,  Good luck with the upcoming Roll-Out  :smile:

• Upvote 1

Thank you

Impressive vas going on there Chris no idea how you do it  :wink:

• Upvote 1

Rich Sennett

Thank you for noticing Rich :good:

its easy; season to taste with few tbsp from the Creative Design Studios Team and you will get the same :BigGrin:

Thank you for noticing Rich :good:

its easy; season to taste with few tbsp from the Creative Design Studios Team and you will get the same :BigGrin:

:wink:

• Upvote 1

Rich Sennett

Chris, are you able to show what it looks like in P3D v3?  Also, what timescale are you working to for release?

• Upvote 1

Hi Erich,

accept for the VAS test images; which specifically conducted on FSX,

some of the sets are from P3D and some are from FSX!

visually you cant really tell the difference,

release is tentative; we are wrapping up our GUI development atm; we should be ready immediately after,

Gre

Hi Erich,

accept for the VAS test images; which specifically conducted on FSX,

some of the sets are from P3D and some are from FSX!

visually you cant really tell the difference,

release is tentative; we are wrapping up our GUI development atm; we should be ready immediately after,

Great news

• Upvote 1

Chris - This product looks great!  I am curious about how far out you will be able to see the lighting.  Seeing the other thread about VAS, it appears restricted to LOD radius similar to UTX?  My issue with UTX is the lights popping in and out so I'm also curious if that is an issue or not.  Will these lights be visible from airliner cruising altitudes? I've spent a lot of time trying to get my nights to look realistic and am actually pretty happy with what I have at the moment but will certainly be a buyer of this.

• Upvote 1

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

Thank you Flic,

Black Marble should not to be confused with Night Environment! these are completely two different animals!
Black Marble is in the same category as FTX, UTX and such Global LandClass Vector based applications,

all these system are limited to internal Sim slider LOD settings; which is currently 4.5 max by default,

LOD's can be further extend  manually up to 12Nm!l

on our main thread you will find few sets that should help you visualize (until our video promo is edited);

this so called popping effect is not something that we are aware with our application!

you can see from the pics (much more on main thread) how our lights blend in and out specifically look for the Las Vegas set,

our lights blend seemingly horizontally into our textures; as well as vertically when climbing,
they will maintain proportion while blending in and out without "popping" suddenly into view!

the point in these is to show the radius; not hide it!
im showing a flat area from a high view point intentionally, no mountains or terrain that blocks or disguise the effective radius,

with that i urge you to check out our latest VAS test pics with lights on
you can see how our lights maintain  proportion while fading in and out in all directions!

in the image showing our extended vector data; take a close look and tell me if you notice that "bubble" there?

as Ive mentioned before you don't see lights from high alt; you see splash!
and yes you will see our roads highlighted properly from FL350 without any effort,

i was asked to post a screenshot from FL350 somewhere here or on the main thread,

you can see from the pics (much more on main thread) how our lights blend in and out specifically look for the Las Vegas set,
our lights blend seemingly horizontally into our textures; as well as vertically when climbing,
they will maintain proportion while blending in and out without "popping" suddenly into view!

That's great Chris!  I don't think LOD matters quite as much as long as the 3d lights blend/fade out in the distance. That's my biggest gripe with some of the other products as I don't like seeing large groups of lights pop up as you approach them. With the light splashes on the roads being visible in the distance, it seems like a perfect setup!  Looking forward to this! 

• Upvote 1

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

For users of UTX US or EU will we need to disable anything, aside from the lights that UTX includes?

• Upvote 1

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Hi Jim,
if im not mistaken UTX has a very nice interface that allows for a decent controls over vector elements,
you will need to turn off few vector function like UTX/FTX lights, from there you have few more options to further choose from,

you can run our textures with 3rd party lights, you can run our light over 3rd party textures, you can even mix NE and BM elements together,

you can choose to run just lights with textures without BM new road textures; Black Marble is completely modular and controlled via GUI manager,

Hi Chris 

Any further news on this product?  Will we be seeing it this year?   This is one of my most wanted products.