Sign in to follow this  
pedrotrindade

P3D installed in two computers

Hello,

I'm used to fly at my girlfriend's desktop and in my own computer at my home. It is allowed to have the same license installed in two different computers for my personal use?

Thanks

Hi Pedro.

From LM site:

License Grant.  Subject to the terms and conditions of this EULA, Licensor hereby grants Licensee a nontransferable, nonsublicenseable, nonexclusive license during the Term of this EULA to use the Software:  (1) on a single computer, (2) by no more than one user at any one time, (3) in connection with Academic Education, (4) by students, instructors and staff associated with Licensee's Academic Education, (5) in the Territory, and (6) for purposes other than personal/consumer entertainment.

This is based on P3D v3 academic, but I would assume all versions are the same. I think that's pretty clear cut.

Best regards,

Neal McCullough

I also thought it was clear cut that no discussions about EULA would be discussed here at AVSIM.

I guess times have changed.

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

You could go for the developer's version which gives you two licenses.

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

I also thought it was clear cut that no discussions about EULA would be discussed here at AVSIM.

I guess times have changed.

Apologies. I wasn't aware of that rule.

However, I didn't intend to start a discussion. I was just quoting an extract from their licence agreement, which is very much clear cut. I don't think this is actually up for discussion.

Again, I apologise for breaking Avsim rules.

Best regards,

Neal McCullough

Apologies. I wasn't aware of that rule.

However, I didn't intend to start a discussion. I was just quoting an extract from their licence agreement, which is very much clear cut. I don't think this is actually up for discussion.

Again, I apologise for breaking Avsim rules.

No worries, I didn't comment to point fingers, it's just that there seems to be an air of intolerance towards discussions about LM EULA, due to the nature of the licensing terms.  Many people have boldly asked about it, people have commented and bad things happened.  I didn't want to see another post go south, but I'm no moderator, just a concerned citizen.

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

My apologies for raising this question here, did not know it was not allowed.
Thanks for the clarification, guys.

Cheers

Pedro - You did nothing wrong here. A question was asked and answered.

The policy is primarily aimed at those who wish to discuss which version to purchase and which they qualify for. That discussion is between the user and LM and is not allowed here.

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors