Sign in to follow this  
raffer

Cannot install FSX Gold

I recently had to reinstall C:/ from a Backup but now am unable to install FSX. I get the Repair/Uninstall page and not the install page. i have searched Regedit for FSX reference and deleted where found.

Can nayone offer help please

Many thanks

raffer

A lot of recommendations for CCleaner to clean out any remaining registry items.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Did you remove the hidden folders?

http://support.precisionmanuals.com/kb/a87/how-to-uninstall-and-reinstall-fsx.aspx

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Tried ccleaner but still got the problem

How do I remove hidden folders - bearing in mind I am a very elderly non-tech idiot

raffer

Follow the instructions in the link that Jim included, above..

Bert

Have you Uninstalled FSX?    As Jim has said you will also need to remove all 5 folders,  So when you Install FSX again it will Install to a nice new clean slate,  Lovely Jovely  

==========================

Locating and Deleting the 5 FSX folders.  

Your FSX folders are located here.  

----------------------------------------

► Computer ► Your FSX Install Location ► FSX

► Libraries ► Documents ► FSX 

► Computer ► Local Disk (C:) ►ProgramData ► Microsoft ► FSX 

► Computer ► Local Disk (C:) ► Users ► you ► AppData ► Roaming ► Microsoft ► FSX 

► Computer ► Local Disk (C:) ► Users ► you ► AppData ► Local ► Microsoft ► FSX 

--------------------------------------------

Depending on the configuration of your system some of these folders can be hidden away in your C Drive 

If this is the case, please follow these simple steps.  

You need to change the folder option from Don't show hidden files  to  Show hidden files 

For windows 7 and 8 and 10 users,  open your Control Panel and follow the path. 

Control Panel ► Appearances and Personalisation ► Show hidden files and folders.  3 Tick the circle, Click Apply and Ok 

Click picture to make Big

23445724373_3c3ae5170d_o.png

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Follow the path and Delete the FSX folders 

► Computer ► Your FSX Install Location ► FSX

23223191364_d11a0def41_o.png

► Libraries ► Documents ► FSX

23768843081_5a52178855_o.png

► Computer ► Local Disk (C:) ►ProgramData ► Microsoft ► FSX

23742961202_d824575000_o.png

► Computer ► Local Disk (C:) ► Users ► you ► AppData ► Roaming ► Microsoft ► FSX 

23483406999_9a0d31ffc7_o.png

► Computer ► Local Disk (C:) ► Users ► you ► AppData ► Local ► Microsoft ► FSX 

23555607700_003a737ab7_o.png

===============================

After you Uninstall FSX and Delete all folders,  Restart your Computer

Thanks Poppet - i have deleted all except libraries/documents which I could not find and still the fault remains - FSX offers to repair or uninstall but to install.

re the hidden folders - I can see them but still don`t know how (or if) to delete them.

IUnless someone can offer another solution to try it looks as though I may have to reinstall Windows 10 to get a clean pc but that really is the last hope

raffer

should read "but NOT to install"

raffer - Tell it to repair. You should get a full install even if there are a few "leftovers".  -  Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.