Sign in to follow this  
Tyrion

Future of the J41?

Agreed to all.....

Just bought the JS4100 and not knowing the issues... installed.... but am having quite a few problems..

Would be nice to at least get some input from Precision Manuals... or not?

Flyboy53

Would be nice to at least get some input from Precision Manuals... or not?

Official support is found at the link in my signature. That's the only way to guarantee a response from us.

Kyle Rodgers

I wish people would stop going on about how good the J41 is. They keep making me want to buy it :smile: , and I already have the Q400, Metroliner and Fokker F27 in that space. If I ever did take the PMDG plunge, though, that's probably where I'd start...however, buying it again if I switch to P3D at some point doesn't have much appeal.

(I was a passenger on one twice between Dublin and Newcastle.)

The Q400 is nice. I have both (however since P3D) the Q400 is buggy and no JS41. That being said I don't think anything can replace the JS41. The best turboprop I have ever used. Would also pay to have it in maintenance for P3D availability. JS41 is also compatible with ProATC/x, Q400 is not.

Michael Lagow
Madness Software

I note the "Turboprops" sub-topic has just been renamed "PMDG Turboprops (Legacy Versions)" and moved to "Legacy products" does that mean any intentions of making the JS41 compatible with P3D (or FSX:SE) have now been permanently shelved?

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

On 31/01/2017 at 4:40 PM, ckyliu said:

I note the "Turboprops" sub-topic has just been renamed "PMDG Turboprops (Legacy Versions)" and moved to "Legacy products" does that mean any intentions of making the JS41 compatible with P3D (or FSX:SE) have now been permanently shelved?

Sounds ominous - hope it's still on the back burner to be done post-DC6...

Last night I did a couple of short flights with JS41 it was long since I made one........This morning I came here to see if there is a chance or a dream that PMDG would make us V2 for this amazing bird which is like no other .......The sounds, lights, the weight & fuel caclulations, starting the engines, interesting behavior at ILS approach, the views,  the aerodynamics everything on this plane makes it a unique experience even today after the success of the NGX, T7, and QOS..... I would buy it again and even for a third time if I have to ......Just thought to share it with you guys :)

• Upvote 2

Alaa A. Riad
Just love to fly...............

W11 64-bit, MSFS2020, Intel Core i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20 Ghz 6 Cores, 2 TR HD, 16.0 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 MB GDDR5

3 hours ago, Alaaar said:

Last night I did a couple of short flights with JS41 it was long since I made one........This morning I came here to see if there is a chance or a dream that PMDG would make us V2 for this amazing bird which is like no other .......The sounds, lights, the weight & fuel caclulations, starting the engines, interesting behavior at ILS approach, the views,  the aerodynamics everything on this plane makes it a unique experience even today after the success of the NGX, T7, and QOS..... I would buy it again and even for a third time if I have to ......Just thought to share it with you guys :)

Have to agree.  I learned a lot from that plane and had so much fun flying it.  It's one of two airplanes that has visible icing effects (the other being the Flight1 Mustang), realistic engines, great handling, a nice weight and balance sheet, a nice FMS.  A really nice airplane for someone to cut their teeth while they're moving up to heavy iron.  I still see them flying here and there on FlightAware.

• Upvote 2

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Hi Folks,

This would be the one aircraft from PMDG I'd be very interested in purchasing - the last one was the B1900 which I enjoyed immensely ...

Regards,
Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

3 hours ago, Gregg_Seipp said:

Have to agree.  I learned a lot from that plane and had so much fun flying it.  It's one of two airplanes that has visible icing effects (the other being the Flight1 Mustang), realistic engines, great handling, a nice weight and balance sheet, a nice FMS.  A really nice airplane for someone to cut their teeth while they're moving up to heavy iron.  I still see them flying here and there on FlightAware.

Can't agree more I forgot about the icing effect and many other details, of course, I wished it could affect the actual handling of controls of the plane.......Perhaps in the future :)

Alaa A. Riad
Just love to fly...............

W11 64-bit, MSFS2020, Intel Core i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20 Ghz 6 Cores, 2 TR HD, 16.0 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 MB GDDR5

The last time I saw PMDG officially say anything about this plane was that they were still planning an update to make it FSX-SE compatible.  They said it would come out after the 747 v2 was released.

It would be great if they would let us know what their plans are, if any, beyond that.

I agree with others that this plane is really fun to fly.  There is really nothing like it out there that is so good across the board.

David Norman Paul

Is a P3V4 version is out of the question? There are not many regional props at this level of quality and flight dynamics. Current market is either GA type or Commercial 130 pax and up jets.  I'm sure it would be a solid seller.

• Upvote 1

I've been quietly hoping they were waiting for P3Dv4 to land before committing to any future development plans.

I hope that once they release updates for the 737 and 777 and then release the DC-6, they'll have more spare resources for aircraft like the Jetstream.

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

It's interesting to note that this aircraft does not exists anywhere but at PMDG (at least to my knowledge anyway). There is a BAE Jetstream 32 out there but I found it lacking. It was also the first prop I bought from PMDG and still love it today. I would also pay for a P3Dv4 version if such a thing would exist at a future date.

Michael Lagow
Madness Software

For those of you not on the book of faces, the first official mention in over two years appeared in the comments section of a recent post:

PMDG: "The J41 is not off the table :-)"
Are you able to expand on those above words, Kyle? @scandinavian13

No timescales given but it seems there is hope yet for the only quality circa 30 seat addon for FSX-based simulators. However, given most other PMDG products have had far more substantial official mentions, it would seem she's a distant low priority that could drop off their table at any time; keep your fingers crossed for J41 P3Dv4!

• Upvote 3

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

The PMDG J41 is one of those airplanes which I really miss in P3D v4. Together with the Majestic Dash 8 (which will receive an update for P3D v4) it is one of the most exceptional aircraft simulations.

Michael

• Upvote 1

Michael Thesen

MSFS, HP Reverb G2, Gigabyte B760 32Gb, Samsung 970 EVO, Geforce RTX 4070-TI, Win11, i7-14700KF, Thrustmaster T16000M, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals