Sign in to follow this  
neilintheus2

Is it possible yet to max out the sliders on FSX or P3D

Yes, you can max out all the sliders and encounter an OOM much faster.

Computers are now strong enough you can launch FSX straight into an OOM because you're up against the 32 bit limit.

I don't understand where your coming from. Your logic seems to suggest that a strong enough machine would run notepad into an OOM. I agree with the 32bit limit. It's the code in FSX thats the problem, not a strong machine. Every time I built a stronger computer it ran FSX a bit better, particularly on the visual side with higher end graphic cards.

MS-FSX alone? I'll give it a 6

MS-FSX AND FSX-SE together? I'll give it an 8

FSX-SE installed alone? I'll give it a 10

This is the result I have personal;y seen on MY  machine. The scores in my mind are mine and mine alone, no benchmarking or anything, just seat of the pants.

An added bonus in my mind is on a proper clean Steam install you get Folders named FSX, NOT FSX-SE, that solves a whole bunch of problems. Many with 3rd party addon's.

I can advance the sliders a lot more with a clean FSX Steam install. Check it yourself with process explorer.

Good luck!

Baldy 

• Upvote 1

I recall when the Aces team got their hands on a Q6600 chip and reported that this processor really "kicked a_s_s" !

I'm still using one of those...  :smile:

I'm still using one of those...  :smile:

To be honest I wish the AMIGA machine got the attention and credit it deserved. I had several of them. It was, funded by a group of Doctors who wanted a Flight Simulator machine. At least that's what I was told. MS built the operating system. I did a little programing in Lattice C:, it had 9 view ports and 3 graphic chips that were amazing for their time. It was used by the Cable TV company's for scrolling thru the programs on the time slots in each channel it's directory. It scrolled so smoothly it was phenomenal, no other computer came close. I had a Cad Cam application that was way better than Auto Cad. I zoom a dot in a drawing until it became a square, you could then place your cursor in the DOT and write a letter. I wrote one to my brother and asked if he saw the message, " What message?" he asked. Told him it was right on the drawing, he said" Your nuts", then I told him where to look.  It could run the Video Toaster . NO other computer then could do the wipes and folds, vinnitien blinds, whirl away effects etc. It used the Moto 68000 which cost $1,500.00.  I had 6 Scussi HDrive daisy chained, one on top the other.

They were a lot of fun!