Sign in to follow this  
Max Sliders

How to use TWO Saitek Radio Panels?

Hello all,

I originally posted this in the 'Hardware Controllers | Joysticks | Drivers' forum and got no response.  I wonder if it was in the right forum?  Anyhow, I though best to try this forum.....

Apart from other add-on’s/equipment, I have been using primarily: P3Dv3, PMDG 737, with one Saitek Radio panel.  I just invested in a second radio panel and I’m not sure how to integrate it with the first, for which I’m using the SPAD driver (after a nightmare with Saitek’s own!).  SPAD doesn't pick up the second.  Should I be using FSUIPC or perhaps an alternative?  Can anyone pass on any tips or ideas please?  As ever, it will be much appreciated!  Thanks!

I only have one Radio Panel, however, I use SPAD.neXt. You could ask at the SPAD.neXt forum under

https://www.fsgs.com/forum/

Either they can tell you it will work out of the box using SPAD.neXt or at least someone will have a qualified answer.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Same issue, Have two and have just purchased SPAD Next.  It might work with the free version but I wanted the extra features (like customizing the BIP), so made a purchase.  SPAD Next identifies both but I believe one needs to copy the profile from one radio panel to the other (or something like that).  Still going through the manual and videos.

I would try the free version to see if it will fill your need.  I did for several months and finally realized this was much batter than the good 'ol SPAD of yesteryear.

Clutch

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

Isn't there a trial version of the payware version to try befor buying? I thought so.

Kind regards, Michael

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Update: Having now got both radios to work nicely with help from SPAD Next (working, no need to configure), I tried to configure my switch panel, using same.  The trouble is, I cannot find ANY help files or manual to assist the latest version, which is quite different from the previous where there is help.  Thankfully though, there are really useful videos on the site; start here: Help Video.  Without proper help and advice and having no experience of programming switches, knobs etc.., I found it tough to figure, although I'm not all the way through the videos just yet.  

However, thankfully all of the assignments that I needed had already been programmed by others and all one needs to do from the Panels page, is to select the required switch (for example), then choose 'Online Snippets' , at the bottom of the page, select the appropriate action from the resultant pop up window and apply it to the corresponding switch/knob/gear/button.  It was in the end, a very simple process and thanks to all those experienced users of the software for sharing their work online.  For the first time ever, I have a fully functioning Saitek Switch Panel!  That is to say, within the default Baron 58.  I'm struggling to work out how to get it to work in the PMDG 737, but at least I know have a starting point.  Thanks pmb once more for your help.  BTW, both radio panels working nicely in the PMDG.

The author of SPAD:neXt is currently working on an updated and complete documentation which I agree is a need for. I think version 1.0 will include it.

Kind regards, Michael