Sign in to follow this  
CavalierDuck

Balkans Part 3: Dubrovnik to Corfu

This week, the third part of our Balkans tour takes us between the two Adriatic holiday destinations of Dubrovnik in Croatia to the Greek island of Corfu via the mountainous interior of Montenegro, Kosovo and Albania.

Flightplans

FSX

Plan-G

Aircraft

The route is 327 nm so I recommend an aircraft capable of cruising over 200 knots.  I'll be in a Lancair Legacy, but as always fly what you like. 

Scenery

The recent move by SkyHighSim to make their sceneries available as freeware provides us with a very nice scenery for Tivat, Montenegro (LYTV).  I installed the scenery with no problems, but make sure you add the three scenery folders to your scenery library, with the airport scenery above the landclass and photoscenery folders.

SkyHighSim Tivat

For Corfu we have a freeware scenery in the AVSIM library: LGKR Corfu. This is a significant improvement over the default.

There are also nice payware sceneries by Aerosoft and FlyTampa.

Where and When
Date and time: Saturday 25th June 2016, 1800 UTC
Where: AVSIM RTWR Teamspeak - Casual Flights Channel
Teamspeak Server Address: ts.teamavsim.com
Multiplayer: FSX Multiplayer (IP will be provided on Teamspeak)

If you want to help others enjoy the multiplayer experience, don't forget to enter your aircraft details on the multiplayer spreadsheet! (linked here)

Note to Ron: please set the server start time to 1430Z, or 1530 local.

Could I ask all flight plan authors to give me local times for kick-off? You'd be doing your bit to save a diminishing set of brain cells.

I thank you.

Look forward to the flight. Thank you Nick. :good:

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Bert - Is "Carenado C90 GTX" really your aircraft.cfg title entry for your personal repaint? Just asking cuz it seems strange to all the stock paints.

It is - I have deleted all the other paints

Bert

Could I ask all flight plan authors to give me local times for kick-off? You'd be doing your bit to save a diminishing set of brain cells.

For the benefit of Ron's diminishing brain cells, start time 1530 local. :Tounge:

We are visiting friends this weekend, no chance for me to fly. Have fun and I hope that I'll be back in time for next weeks flight.

Gunter.png?dl=1

Regards

Gunter Schneider

For the benefit of Ron's diminishing brain cells, start time 1530 local. :Tounge:

See, it wasn't hard was it? :P

Well! A fine turnout. 38 pilots has to be a record, finding parking slots for everyone proved to be a challenge.

Oh all right, we started with 14 pilots, still a record.  :smile:  If it carries on like this you'll have to book a place!

Thanks to Nick for a very good flight plan. It really goes to show what a terrific job Orbx has done with EU Land class. We lost a few along the way for various reasons but the prize for persistence goes to Nick. Honestly, if I had as many FSX crashes as he had my dummy would have been spat with high velocity!

Welcome George from South Africa (your English really isn't too bad) and Frippe from Sweden (yours needs work)

Lastly, a BIG thank you to Roman for "Ron, landing gear" while I was on very short final. Sheesh, that was close!

From National Weather Service, KGRB 3:15 am - A tornado warning has been issued for Brown County. At 3:12 am, radar indicated rotation located 2 miles east of Austin Straubel International Airport, seek shelter immediately.

What a way to awaken (sirens wailing), might as well do yesterday's PIREP LOL!  :Thinking: 

Nick - Thank-You very much for the plan! Spectacular flight! I wish you the best of luck figuring out what is up with your machine. Kind of felt a pit in the stomach when you weren't able to enjoy the fruits of your labor.

BTW I forgot to look up that "real time" forest fire creator mentioned while chatting - "FireFighter X"

Pardon the photo quality. I've been putzin with my lua screenshot script and inadvertently left out some command attributes. They turned out like crap & required post processing that didn't turn out the best.

It's a full house!

TS.jpg?dl=0

OK, not much room left, here we go....
Bert in the Beech C90 GTX, Ron in the purdy Lancair IV-P & myself in the Spartan Executive.
Mustangs - Frippe in the red "Ferrari" special, George in "KWITCHERBITHCHIN".
Lancair Legacys (Ft to Bk) - Nick in the gold N33RH, Mike in the crimson N508DB, Bry in the red/white/blue G-SBAC, Stew in the blue N323DE, Josh in the "yellow bird" N552L & finally Jeff in the blue C-MXSR.

SS_25Jun16_131247.jpg?dl=0

Bert touching down nicely at Tivat (LYTV).

SS_25Jun16_132340.jpg?dl=0

Frippe at Tivat while I am in the background operating the drone to get this shot - HA!

SS_25Jun16_132402.jpg?dl=0

Luckily I was following Ron in with the camera. He was getting mighty close to the runway without his legs extended.. Over the radio I interrupted as other transmissions were occurring - "RON! Landing Gear!". This was taken as the gear extended fully. That's was a close one Ron! Betcha you don't forget the gear again. 
:good: 

SS_25Jun16_133045.jpg?dl=0

Stew just about to touch the Earth - Looking good!

SS_25Jun16_134506.jpg?dl=0

Ron over the threshold as most of us are getting set for the next leg.

SS_25Jun16_141037.jpg?dl=0

Just flying along, enjoying the scenery. Suddenly Bry comes in from underneath popping into the window puffing smoke. (Running rich?)

SS_25Jun16_152011.jpg?dl=0

Only a couple of the Legacy's did this.

SS_25Jun16_152026.jpg?dl=0

Bry, if you're going to smoke, then so will I! LOL!

SS_25Jun16_152033.jpg?dl=0

Frippe touching down at Kerkira (LGKR) - Nice!

SS_25Jun16_160322.jpg?dl=0

"The" crew that made it all the way (sorry Nick) sans George.

SS_25Jun16_160526.jpg?dl=0

Discussion & libations hour..

SS_25Jun16_160744.jpg?dl=0

20AUG21_Avsim_Sig.png?dl=1  FS RTWR   SHRS F-111   JoinFS   Little Navmap 

Thanks, Roman, for the great shots.  I still can't figure out why I couldn't see your Spartan Executive.  I checked again after the flight and it was correctly placed in SimObjects/Airplane.  So go figure--something else was at work.  Maybe the wrong airplane?  IDK.

Stew

"Different dog, different fleas"

Wow, I wish I could have flown this trip with you all!

Gunter.png?dl=1

Regards

Gunter Schneider

Excellent flight plan, Nick. Beautiful snaps, Roman. Thanks to you both.

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

Stew - Not sure why the proxy provided didn't work. Did some tests this morning, removed my spartan from the hangar & installed the proxy. It loaded fine except for a gauge error (a FS98 gauge) otherwise fine. In other tests it was found that installing an airplane and/or repaints while FS is running just prior to joining a multiplayer session will not work. It seems that the aircraft inventory "cache" for multiplayer is only updated during the fs start (kinda stupid IMHO) not during the multiplayer join routine. Maybe that was it? -or- That old gauge, sorry, overlooked that one, but highly unlikely that would affect the MP session as the panel isn't loaded. Since I fly the Spartan quite a bit I modified the panel.cfg commenting out the offending gauge & provided instructions on how to install just the paint for those who have the Spartan already installed. For next time (when??) of course.

Whenever I install paints or aircraft/proxies for a multiplayer session I do the following and it works every time unless I make a mistake in the "Title ="  (ex Frippe's Mustang a couple of weeks ago)

1. FSX closed

2. Install paints/aircraft

3. Restart FSX

4. Confirm that the aircraft with its paint is selectable in the "select aircraft" dialog. Shouldn't be a need to actually get it into the sim, the preview window should suffice.

5. Join our buddies in MP  :dance:

Have a great day! Thanks for the comments. 

20AUG21_Avsim_Sig.png?dl=1  FS RTWR   SHRS F-111   JoinFS   Little Navmap