Sign in to follow this  
JLuis

FlightSimLabs A320 - Release Very Soon!

Sadly, I will not be able to fly this bird: they state that it needs Windows 64bit.

Michael

Michael Thesen

MSFS, HP Reverb G2, Gigabyte B760 32Gb, Samsung 970 EVO, Geforce RTX 4070-TI, Win11, i7-14700KF, Thrustmaster T16000M, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals

They RECOMMEND 64-bit windows because 64-bit can make full use of your memory, if over 4GB. Like this, FSX can maximize the amount of memory it uses as opposed to a 32-bit OS.

A 32-bit OS can only address a maximum of 4GB, as well as FSX. If the OS can't handle more than 4, that doesn't leave much room for FSX to work with. This is why a 64-bit OS is recommended and something like 8GB. Anything over 8GB is a complete waste unless you do other jobs with your PC that require more memory.

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

They RECOMMEND 64-bit windows because 64-bit can make full use of your memory, if over 4GB. Like this, FSX can maximize the amount of memory it uses as opposed to a 32-bit OS.

A 32-bit OS can only address a maximum of 4GB, as well as FSX. If the OS can't handle more than 4, that doesn't leave much room for FSX to work with. This is why a 64-bit OS is recommended and something like 8GB. Anything over 8GB is a complete waste unless you do other jobs with your PC that require more memory.

Fsx is a 32bit app. How can an airplane addon use more ram than the application supports?

Fsx is a 32bit app. How can an airplane addon use more ram than the application supports?

It won't. FSX, as a 32 bit app, can only use up to 4GB. But - think of this - what if you only have 4GB of usable ram overall? You still need to allocate some of it for your operating system. So in the end, you only have 1GB or 2GB ram for FSX.

By having a 64 bit system, you can have (for example) 8GB of ram. Now, you can have 4GB fully for FSX, and the rest of the free ram for your system, making both your computer and FSX run smoother.

• Upvote 2

3HSAJHT.png

TFDi Design

In any case, I think someone is holding their roadmap upside down.

David Porrett

2 things...

First, you have never seen that amount of coding and systems work in a GA airplane because the amount of systems in a GA airplane is far less than what's in an airbus.

Secondly, to answer you last question....just read my first paragraph. Two vastly different types of airplanes. If you flew the pmdg 737 or 777, you would go to the airbus and immediately know it is a "lite" product.

I disagree. IMO there are more levels of system complexity then just lite and "PMDG".

Super lite: aircraft such as the CLS planes

Lite: aircraft such as Quality Wings 757

Intermediate: Aerosoft and etc

Advanced: PMDG and likely FSLabs.A320.

It won't. FSX, as a 32 bit app, can only use up to 4GB. But - think of this - what if you only have 4GB of usable ram overall? You still need to allocate some of it for your operating system. So in the end, you only have 1GB or 2GB ram for FSX.

By having a 64 bit system, you can have (for example) 8GB of ram. Now, you can have 4GB fully for FSX, and the rest of the free ram for your system, making both your computer and FSX run smoother.

Are you telling me that if you have a 32bit os and more than 4gb of ram, it only uses 4? I don't think that's true. It means that only a single application, like the os, uses 4, and fsx can use 4.

so you should only tell users they need more than 6 or 8gb ram, but a 32bit os doesn't make much difference. Correct me if I'm wrong here...

Yes, that's exactly it. The 32-bit version of windows cannot address more than 4GB. If you try to use more than that at any given time (trying to open two applications that use 3GB each, as an example), an out of memory error will occur.

That's the main reason behind the move to 64-bit operating systems (Windows 10 PRO for example can use up to 2TB of memory, OS limited).

This might help you understand:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/aa366778(v=vs.85).aspx#physical_memory_limits_windows_10

• Upvote 2

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

Quite interesting!

It's not really RAM, but memory or memory-addresses!

Or said in an other word, the total amount of memory-addresses that the OS can assign - which in a 32-bit OS is equivalent to roughly the amount of 4GB RAM total. That is the TOTAL! 4GB including RAM from system, graphics card etc.

As said above, a 64-bit OS, can address 2TB of memory - BUT a 32-bit process within the 64-bit OS, can only consume/utilize memory addresses equivalent of 4GB! 

Hope that made some sense... 

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

Rats... Was hoping the P3D version would follow quickly behind. It would be nice to see how this Bus compares to Aerosoft and then the real thing I fly.

These days no simmer should run a 32-Bit OS. Even FS9 users should run Windows XP x64.

As for sims, only X-Plane 10 is a 64-bit application. P3D likely won't be for a while, but when they do make the transition it will break most addons.

Rats... Was hoping the P3D version would follow quickly behind.

That is our intention.

Andrew Wilson

sig_fslDeveloper.jpg

That is our intention.

Maintain minimum separation :P

That is our intention.

Thanks God and FightsimLabs team. :smile:  :dance:

José Luís

| Flightsimulator: MSFS | Add-Ons: | PMDG Douglas DC-6 | PMDG 737-700 | Fenix A320 | Maddog X MD82| FSW CESSNA 414AW CHANCELLOR |