Sign in to follow this  
seehunt

Sun shining into cockpit and moving around as acft turns,etc

I noticed in the AC 500 Utube promo and review videos that when the sun is out it shines into

the cockpit it moves around as the aircraft turns, climbs, etc.....just like it does in real world

flying.  However in my flight sim with the AC 500 and other aircraft I do not have this effect.

I'm assuming there is a program out there that enables it. Please advise me what it is or how

u get this effect to work.

Thank You!

It should work without any addons. For sure in P3D v3 and I believe P3D v2 and  FSX DX10.

Do you have shadows enabled, If I remember correctly in FSX you can also turn on cockpit shadows.

What sim are you using?

Your settings?

Cheers.

I noticed in the AC 500 Utube promo and review videos that when the sun is out it shines into

the cockpit it moves around as the aircraft turns, climbs, etc.....just like it does in real world

flying.  However in my flight sim with the AC 500 and other aircraft I do not have this effect.

I'm assuming there is a program out there that enables it. Please advise me what it is or how

u get this effect to work.

Thank You!

It should work without any addons. For sure in P3D v3 and I believe P3D v2 and  FSX DX10.

Do you have shadows enabled, If I remember correctly in FSX you can also turn on cockpit shadows.

What sim are you using?

Your settings?

Cheers.

Sunlight - lens flare does not shine into VC know fact in P3D - has to be FSX - makes no sense that it wouldnt in P3D but it doesnt

Rich Sennett

FSX in DX10 with a sun mod. There are a couple sun mods in the library. Inside shadows and sun flares only work in DX10. Look in the DX10 section here to catch up on that amazing aspect of FSX.